AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. We’re reimagining and actively modernizing the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and with manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy technology that solves many of the central challenges of recycling and shifts the economics of the industry to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable. With more than 70 systems installed across North America, Japan, and Europe, we’re increasing the value that can be extracted from recyclable material through superior separation, purity enhancement, and identification of new end markets for reuse and recycling.
Our diverse, growing team of environmentalists, engineers, and other professionals shares a passion for the promise technology holds to transform the way we recycle. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Machine Learning Engineer. AMP doesn’t just do machine learning, we are driven forward by it. Our core technology revolves around deep-learned models applied to robotics domains, and we are always striving to level up our offering. In pursuit of this, AMP is looking for a highly skilled individual to join our machine learning team and aid in building out cutting edge computer vision technology. In this role, you would be working on research and development projects to help us implement state of the art techniques, vet new technology, and automate our workflows. You would aid in bringing models from ideation all the way through to production, and help us to maintain our technological edge.
As our Machine Learning Engineer, you will work to:
- Experiment with modern neural network architectures or techniques driven by research publications
- Design and implement deep learned, computer vision solutions in new domains
- Help us improve our ML infrastructure
- Support our existing ML infrastructure
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Machine Learning or similar, or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 3-5 years experience writing production-level code in python.
- Proficiency working with SQL databases and data pipelines.
- Proficiency with professional software engineering practices; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to work on a small team and self-manage.
- Familiarity with Tensorflow.
- Familiarity with machine learning/computer vision techniques.
- Familiarity and interest in research-level mathematics.
- Startup ready mentality
- Passion for recycling, robotics and changing the world
Physical environment / physical demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.