Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Machine Learning / Deep Learning Signal Analyst Engineer
Go Beyond® with Ball Aerospace’s Payload Engineering business unit! As a Machine Learning/Deep Learning Signal Analyst Engineer, you will optimize performance of state-of-the-art signal and radio frequency (RF) systems; for space, airborne, and ground applications with the use of Machine Learning / Deep Learning techniques.
What You’ll Do:
- Integrate commercial Machine Learning / Deep Learning signals approaches into traditional systems.
- Validation and Verification (robustness) analysis of implemented solutions.
- Contribute to discussions with senior level signal instrument personnel regarding potential implementation, and benefits of Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions.
- Present Machine Learning / Deep Learning concepts and solutions to management, and potential customers.
- Mentor more junior engineers.
- Assist in proposal writing and costing activities.
- Help with implementation and integration of solutions into systems.
- Brainstorm solutions to help better fulfill the customer’s mission.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business and Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years relevant experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Expertise in Signals Analysis through educational background and/or work experience.
- Expertise in Machine Learning/ Deep Learning.
- Experience with Python and a Deep Learning language (such as: TensorFlow or PyTorch).
- Ability to self-start, good interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work independently and on a team.
- Strong written communication skills, verbal presentation skills and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Experience with Matlab and C++ preferred.
- Experience with Deep Learning-driven solutions (CNNs, GANs, etc.) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to operate at the system level and work with (or interact) all engineering disciplines preferred.
- Experience in reinforcement learning preferred.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $102,000 - $126,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.