Machine Learning & Data Science Development Manager at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The AI and Automation team is driving a transformational journey across multiple groups at FIS. We have a clear focus on enhancing operational efficiency, improving customer satisfaction and reducing time to delivery through intelligent automation, self-service transformation, and accelerating digitization efforts. We use the right tool to solve high impact problems, building intelligent solutions through hybrid AI/ML and traditional RPA frameworks. We are seeking an experienced Solution Architect to lead and drive technical solutioning for AI and automation initiatives that deliver maximum impact today and prepare us for the future.
What you will be doing
- Employ machine learning and statistical modeling to create and enhance data driven products
- Analyze and extract insights from internal and external data
- Work with Big Data and transform complex datasets into more usable formats
- Work with a variety of data science platforms and programming languages such as Python, R, Scala, SQL
- Work independently and collaborate with other groups to solve complex problems
- Create and present analyses to internal and external partners and clients
- Document models and write code to track and monitor models and product performance
- Understand the realities of model development and make pragmatic and business-aware choices when trading-off sophistication and accuracy versus implementation and performance costs
- Other related duties assigned as needed
What you bring:
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Decision Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Economics or Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
- Knowledge in machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistical modeling, data visualization, and data analysis
- Proficient in data science tools and programming languages such as Python, R, Scala, SQL
- Experience or knowledge of cloud-based technology (Azure or AWS)
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Ability to collaborate with others and solve complex problem
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Ability to work as part of a team or alone making a strong contribution in either scenario
- Exceptional statistical, mathematical and analytical skills
- Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Delivery-oriented team player who takes responsibility for the team’s success and strives to continually learn and improve
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees and effectively interact with various functional areas and facilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management, and clients
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.