Logistics Analyst at PopSockets LLC
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. Our product is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products.
The responsibility of the Logistic Analyst will perform daily functions of the Logistics Department. This position will focus on activities related to international shipping of products including, but not limited to, customs compliance, shipment audit, and reporting. Activities will include the following; collection and maintenance of customs compliance data, review and audit of international documentation, reporting on freight spend as related to product and international shipments company wide. The Analyst will work closely with the Logistics Director, Supply Chain Team, Accounting and Fulfilment Centers daily to accomplish the necessary tasks.
- Shipment timelines and exceptions to varying internal departments
- Manage HOT shipments and communicate effectively to internal departments. Understands the importance of regular, accurate and clear updates to internal departments.
- Identify and correct domestic and international shipping errors
- Create and analyze reports to support business execution
- Perform data management through blending of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, etc.
- Support the Global Logistics strategy with the overall business goals and objectives, as well as financial responsibilities and achieving results.
- Enter data accurately into ERP software
- Maintain shipment documents in compliance of CBP & DOT
- Assist the Logistics Director on compliance related tasks
- Determines carrier capacity to maximize load and profitability
- Arrange shipments domestically and internationally
- Accurately create shipping documents (BOL, SLI, commercial invoice, packing lists, etc.)
- Maintain and distribute detailed tracking report for domestic and international shipments
- Distribute shipment documentation to all Fulfilment centers
- Audit, log and approve invoices
- Completes special projects as given
- 5 - 7 years in a Logistics related role.
- Understands international and domestic shipping requirements.
- Has experience in working with US Customs Compliance.
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills.
- Understands container dimensions and requirements.
- Has working knowledge of HTS codes and duty rates.
- Must be organized, complete tasks on time, internally motivated and can independently problem solve.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.