Litigation Recoveries Analyst at OnDeck
Innovation, collaboration, and success: at OnDeck, We Make It Happen. We’ve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech start-up and the stability of a larger organization, OnDeck helps customers achieve their ambitions while leading in the small business lending space. We operate with a one team mindset, supporting each other and celebrating our wins together. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, inclusive environment where you can make an impact on our customers and business, OnDeck could be the place for you.
The OnDeck Legal Team may be small in number relative to other groups at OnDeck but is massive in impact. The Legal Team provides sound and pragmatic legal advice to drive OnDeck’s mission as the first-choice lender to small business. A key role of the Legal team is navigating issues proactively. The Legal team is comprised of three divisions: Compliance, External Affairs and Legal and as such it works closely with all the OnDeck business teams as well as external stakeholders. We seek excellent teammates who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and working closely with the business teams.
The OnDeck Legal team strategies and executes all aspects of recoveries litigation. For those accounts which are charged-off and directed to litigation, accounts are placed with law firms nationwide and are managed through all three phases of recoveries litigation – pre-suit, litigation and post-judgment. As this channel has grown, there has developed a need to assist in identifying cents/dollar targets as well as non-liquidation KPIs on a macro (vintage) and micro (account) level. OnDeck engages a sophisticated technology platform that accesses each firm’s core data, and then aggregates and individualizes that data. This position will help to take data from the technology platform and do continuing in depth analysis on an account level basis. The goal is to support the OnDeck Legal team getting full value from our third-party law firm partnerships to drive highest cents/dollar recoveries.
As a Recoveries Analyst at OnDeck on the Legal team, you will:
- Provide in depth analysis of law firm performance in accordance with SLA’s on a continuing cadence
- Ensure that all law firms are proactively managing the portfolio by performing micro level analysis of the individual accounts within our portfolio
- Engage in daily and weekly calls with law firms
- Engage regularly with third party vendors
- Develop and maintain a detailed scoring method on selected populations of accounts
- Take the lead on developing our post judgment strategy, this will involve engaging with third party vendors, individual law firms and developing reporting with our technology platform.
Qualifications to make it happen:
- 3+ years of experience in a Litigation Recoveries Analyst role or similar position
- Must have solid comprehension of the legal process in a law firm or corporate setting
- Must be a proven “wiz” with Excel.
- Must be strongly adept in working with various types of reporting technology; experience with Provana is a plus
- Must be a “people person” to successfully engage with several OnDeck teams and outside partnerships (law firms, technology and data vendors, among others).
- Knowledge in the recoveries space, specifically working with post-judgment remedies
- Previous experience managing third party relationships
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $12 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, and general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 100,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise.
Click here for a glimpse inside our offices
At OnDeck, it’s We Before Me. We support each other and we love seeing people succeed. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off; Paid Sick Days; Paid Holidays; Paid Birthday
- Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance)
- Wellness Subsidy and Mental Health Coaches
- Voluntary Auto/Home/Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement; Flexible Working Arrangements
- 401k Matching, Loan Consolidation, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave and Sabbaticals
- Affinity Groups and Volunteer Events
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesk’s Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**