The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better, more open Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among best small-medium sized workplaces globally.WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising. We help the world's biggest brands reach consumers, and our platform funds content providers and publishers who keep the global Internet free and open for everyone.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale and generates massive amounts of data. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust- based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine recently named The Trade Desk among the best small to medium-sized workplaces in the US.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* You have a sustained track record of making significant, self-directed, and end-to-end contributions to large and impactful machine learning projects. You think beyond just the task at hand to deeply understand the 'why' behind what you are doing.
* You are a driver. You will be driving technical projects and providing leadership in a ground-breaking and fast-paced environment. This includes task planning and conducting code reviews, as well as individual code contribution.
* You have a strong sense of data intuition. At our scale, many off-the-shelf modeling techniques (open source and enterprise) simply don't work. You are able to work from first principles and intuition to develop solutions and adapt them to a unique environment.
* You are a broadly skilled data scientist with experience embedding models into always-on production systems, working across a variety of technologies and data sources.
* You have a product-focused mindset. You have the passion and ability to contribute to the process of discovering what will delight our clients and push forward one of the world’s largest and most influential industries toward a vision of openness, transparency, and evidence-based decision-making.
* You work with confidence and without ego. Our data scientists have deep knowledge and exercise a high degree of leadership in their daily work. You have strongly-held, defensible ideas, and advocate for what you believe is right. You are also adept at identifying and evaluating trade-offs, willing to be proven wrong, and quick to walk through fire to support your fellow teammates.
* You value, seek out, and foster diversity. We are a global team from many diverse backgrounds, with different experiences and perspectives. To complement this team, you will welcome ideas that are different from your own and be skilled at finding and building from common ground.
* You are a creative thinker, not bound by "the way things have always been done." What you know is less important than how well you learn and innovate. We don't need data scientists who know all the answers; we need data scientists who can invent the answers no one has thought of yet, to the questions yet to be asked.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
* Lead Senior Data Scientists serve both as technical individual contributors and people managers. You will be responsible for owning a technical area as well as building and nurturing a team.
* Lead Senior Data Scientists are end-to-end owners. You will participate actively in all aspects of designing, researching, building, and delivering data-focused products for our clients.
* Our Data Science team is embedded into nearly a dozen individual, mission-focused engineering teams working across a wide spectrum of technological and scientific challenges. You will have the opportunity, depending on your interests and background, to own problems related to natural language processing and machine learning over hundreds of millions of web pages, graph mining and algorithmic optimization on petabytes of data, and causal inference with missing data - to name a few.
* Lead Senior Data Scientists contribute to more than our product – they build up our team. Through a combination of mentoring, technical leadership, and direct people-management, they make others better and raise the bar for those around them.WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
* You have an abundance of intellectual curiosity and are enthusiastic to learn (and teach) new technologies / techniques.
* You are you comfortable working on an agile, distributed team spanning multiple time zones and continents.
* You are able to communicate effectively across both technical and non-technical audiences.
* You have over 10 years of experience working in a data-driven role, including leading large and impactful technical projects. You may have an advanced degree in a quantitative field, but it’s not a requirement. What and how you can contribute is what’s most important to us which is why our consideration is not limited by the level of education you have.
* You have experience with big data technologies such as Spark or AWS; are able to write efficient SQL; and are proficient in one or more of the following programming languages: R, Python, Java, or Scala. Variety of technical challenge is one of the best things about working at The Trade Desk as a data scientist though which is why we do not expect you to know every technology we use when you start. What we care about is that you can learn quickly and solve complex problems using the best tools for the job.
Our Compensation and Benefits (for Colorado residents only)
• Base Compensation Range: $153,900 -$241,500
In accordance with Colorado law, the range provided is The Trade Desk’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. The Trade Desk also offers a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.