Guild is hiring for a Lead Data Scientist to develop, deploy, and measure algorithms and tools that enable Guild’s product, technology, marketing, and business operations to efficiently and effectively support students at scale.You’ll sit at the intersection of data, product, business operations, and internal strategy, and work across the company to serve as a thought partner and data expert to help drive data driven decisions, build algorithms and tools.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will:
- Lead complex data/analytics projects to help Student Operations, Marketing, and Product teams make the best data informed decisions by deeply understanding trends, advising on best practices for collecting data, and building statistical models.
- Apply advanced analytical techniques (e.g., NLP, segmentation, or other predictive methods) using structured and unstructured data to identify trends and run descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analyses aimed at making strategic recommendations.
- Identify, validate, and make use of data from disparate data sources, working with Product and Engineering teams to come up with creative ways to collect new data as needed.
- Identify opportunities to use data to inform strategic and operating business questions, translating business needs into analyses, and leveraging results to recommend strategic improvements with tangible outcomes for the business.
- Serve as a thought partner for senior leaders and other cross-functional stakeholders, advocating for best data practices and using analytics to drive decision making throughout the business.
- Lead special projects as they are identified.
In addition to working on the Decision and Data Science team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Mae Podesta, Josh Hadden-Leggett, and Carrie Kaufman.
You are a strong fit for this role if you:
- Have 7+ years of experience in data science, decision science, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start-up environment.
- Have expertise in at least one advanced analytic technique (e.g., NLP, ML, causal analysis).
- Have strong written and oral communication skills - you can take complex analyses and synthesize them into concrete recommendations and create effective presentations for all audiences.
- Have proven business expertise in at least one coding language (e.g., R, Python, etc.) and at least one automation tool (e.g. Airflow, DBT).
- Have experience coming up with creative ways to use data, as well as solutions to build new data sources for use in analytics.
- Have experience managing larger data/analytics projects or initiatives.
- Have experience working cross-functionally with business partners to solve problems, achieve goals, and generate maximum impact.
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with messy and unstructured data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Analytics and reporting experience in a B2B/CRM sales environment.
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $140,000 -$150,000 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth