Lead Data Scientist at Spectrum (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Spectrum is the nation's fastest-growing mobile provider and leading internet provider. Our tech teams create, develop, and operate leading connectivity products serving nearly 100 million users and 500 million devices. We connect people to what's next.
This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days).
Responsible for leading the development of data-driven solutions to Charter's business problems. Utilizes analytical, statistical, and programming skills to clean, aggregate, and analyze large data sets and interpret results. This position requires a strong command of statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms, as well as a demonstrated practical ability to determine where to invest time, synthesize actionable findings across diverse assignments, and present findings to audiences with diverse agendas and varying levels of technical expertise.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
Plan and lead the complete analytics life-cycle for problem solving, including: requirements gathering, problem formulation, data grooming, data exploration, model prototyping, model validation, and algorithm productionalization.
Leverage knowledge in analytical and statistical algorithms to help stakeholders explore methods to improve their business. Utilize experience and feedback to recommend options during the development/research/analysis phase.
Lead large-scale exploratory data analyses for new data sources or new uses for existing data sources. Establish links across existing data sources and find new, interesting data correlations.
Plan effectively to ensure analytics products are flexible, modular, and contain reusable code base.
Exercise thought leadership and discretion in tailoring the tools, approaches, and data used to meet the needs of the particular problem.
Responsible for interpretation of results - for both causal inferences and predictive effectiveness.
Synthesize appropriate recommendations for action and changes.
Present findings, suggested actions and changes to a broad audience, and manage follow-ups and execution.
Help teach and explain techniques and tools used to a broad set of business-intelligence, data, and analytics professionals with varied backgrounds.
Create project plans to help team achieve defined project goals within deadlines; proactively communicate status and escalate issues as needed.
Mentor and train junior team members as well as assist leadership in setting strategic vision.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Expert-level skills and experience with analysis language such as R and/or Python (including relevant packages) in support of advanced analytics
- Advanced-level skills with one or more scripting, analysis, or ETL languages and ability to rapidly learn new languages or techniques
- Familiarity with modern machine learning technology and tools in order to produce model scoring code.
- Expert-level logical and analytic skills
- Broad experience and solid theoretical foundation of the properties of the major families of machine learning models (regression, decision trees, clustering, SVMs, neural networks).
- Command of advanced mathematical concepts including calculus, PDEs, probability, and statistics, and the ability to independently learn any necessary additional concepts
- Strong synthesis and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate results and recommendations to a wide variety of audiences
- Basic understanding of data architecture, data warehouse and data marts
- Demonstrated ability and desire to continually expand skill set, and learn from and teach others
- Extensive experience with large data sets and the tools to obtain, transform, and store data on Big Data and streaming services
Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, operations research and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Related Work Experience
7 years Data manipulation and statistical modeling as a Scientist, Consultant, Architect, DBA, or Engineer
7 years SQL/R/SAS Programming
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Experience in the telecommunications industry, or two other consumer-based industries
- Operations-research background, in particular focused on large labor operations such as field ops, technical support, and sales
- Background with Cable systems and operations
- Experience with Hadoop, particularly HIVE and Spark
- Knowledge of other relevant tools such as SAS, SPSS, Alteryx, Linux
- Knowledge of other relevant techniques such as text analysis and text mining
- Familiarity with the open-source ecosystems surrounding R (CRAN), Python (PyPi), and/or Hadoop
Master's Degree in related field
Travel as required
BDA309 324390 324390BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $96,100.00 to $170,500.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.