Lead Business Intelligence Developer at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Lead Business Intelligence (BI) Developer. This role is responsible for the development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the underlying systems and reporting infrastructure for the data warehouse and data mart reporting environments. They design and implement reporting architecture solutions including the design of table structures, and the optimization of ETL processes and queries used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources. This role will be a great fit for you if you have a strong understanding and passion for reporting infrastructure, table architecture, efficient ETL data pipelines, and scaling best practices.
As Lead BI Developer, you will:
- Manage and lead key initiatives and large projects (e.g. building a clean data set for data science, onboarding a new partner, or Next Chapter)
- Build and define new reporting infrastructure based on needs of the business
- Work closely with product, engineering, and analytics teams to scale reporting architecture and the ETL pipeline based on source of truth tables and events from the event bus
- Partnering with tech leaders to shape decisions around scalable solutions for data storage and processing for reporting purposes
- Find creative solutions to maximize system efficiencies (e.g. use a scripting language to automate a manual process)
- Manage and support reporting infrastructure tools (e.g. Airflow, Snowflake, DBT, Looker)
- Support monitoring, alerting, and anomaly detection efforts to measure performance, accuracy, and usage of data and reports
- Support and mentor team members by sharing technical knowledge and to help troubleshoot issues that arise and technical skills to be learned
- Solidify documentation for key systems
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience in business intelligence, infrastructure, data engineering, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start up environment
- Experience building data pipelines, custom ETL processes, data warehouses, and table architecture
- Expertise in database technologies such as Redshift, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, and working with large sets of data
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI etc..
- Ability to communicate well in person, on paper, and in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, engineers, analysts and stakeholders
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Experience automating processes using scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with modern source control (Git / Github) practices
- Demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.