Junior Developer/Database Administrator
This is a great entry-level opportunity for those interested in becoming big data and database professionals, while continuing to use and enhance their coding and application design abilities. We see the blending of coding and data management as the future of big data and database engineering and we are interested in candidates who share this vision.
After successfully completing the on-boarding process with the team, the new Junior Developer/ Database Administrator will be performing for the following tasks:
- Learn modern technologies and implement them on premise and in the cloud (MAPR, Azure, MongoDB, SQL Server, Oracle and more).
- Receive formal and on the job, hands on training, while working in a very collaborative environment. As you learn, you will start contributing more.
- Design and code applications to be used by the team and/or the whole IT department.
- Work directly with the software developers to help tune and debug the application code.
- Work with the team lead to ensure all data and database related problems are resolved in a timely manner to minimize user impact.
- Conduct root cause analysis on persistent or major data, database and application related problems.
- Perform application, data and database maintenance as required.
- On-call support for project and production environments.
What We're Looking For:
- Excellent coding skills using object-oriented technologies (Java preferred) are mandatory.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work both independently and within a group.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are a must.
- The position typically requires a 4 year degree and 0-2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Candidates are expected to be familiar with most of the following technology areas:
- Relational database theory
- Operating systems (Unix, Linux preferred)
- Cloud computing concepts
- Networking concepts
What We Offer at Arrow:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Free covered parking, included bicycle and motorcycle parking
- And more!