Junior Business Analyst (UX Researcher)
Homebot is an exciting, fast-growing start-up, revolutionizing how homeowners build wealth with the single largest asset they’ll ever own -- their home.
We sell our SaaS platform services to real estate agents, lenders and loan servicers as a way to keep customers engaged long after the sale is complete. Our customers love us and we love them!
User experience powers how we create easy-to-digest, helpful, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform truly effective products -- even about complex concepts like home finance! We are scaling rapidly, so we need a curious, analytical and organized Business Analyst to make meaning out of our large data sets about user behavior, helping to evolve how we create amazing products at Homebot!
If this opportunity gets you pumped - perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon! (We also read cover letters so take a moment to tell us what makes you a great fit for us!)
This is a full-time position based in our Denver, CO office.
Who We Strive To Be as Homebotters:
- Servant Leaders: Serving our teammates and customers first, with the purpose of enabling and supporting them to be successful
- Learners: We learn and share from experiences and mistakes
- Solution Drivers: We create solutions rather than focus on problems
- Positivity Builders: We recognize that great attitudes are contagious
- One Team: We make decisions, get in the same boat, and paddle together
Characteristics of a Rockstar Homebot Business Analyst
- You are always curious; you maintain a learner’s mind in all aspects of the job, identifying and testing assumptions to get the heart of a situation!
- You love puzzles and can systematically design experiments, gather data, and interpret results to solve those puzzles -- even when the solution ends up surprising you!
- You are dangerous with SQL and a power user of Excel, but you want your career to go the user-oriented direction of UX or product management rather than hardcore data science or mathematical analysis
- You are equally happy spending hours in spreadsheets to find patterns and carefully summarizing data to tell practical stories to stakeholders
- You get stoked about joining a scaling team, where you can own initiatives, take on hats outside your role, and evolve this position to deliver maximum value to our users, team, and your career
What You’ll Be Accountable For:
- Partner with the CTO, Director of Product, UX designers, and various stakeholders to define a repeatable and useful practice of validating our assumptions about product usage and our users as we strive to build, measure, and learn.
- Turn our asset of raw data (millions of consumer profiles, thousands of paying customers profiles, many millions of consumer activities, and more) into meaningful tools for product, marketing, and sales
- Partner with the Product team to create validated consumer personas, customer personas, user segmentation, and more
- Leverage your data expertise to help validate and guide product designs -- whether user research to prove pain points or mockups for data-centric features to prove concepts -- and then support the product team during rapid design iteration.
- Partner with Product Managers to design and maintain dashboards for our teams so we can clearly and easily understand recent feature adoption and progress towards quarterly KPIs
- Lead the charge to establish tribal knowledge necessary to ensure impactful data-driven decision-making is happening across product, marketing, and sales teams
- Use best practices to deliver research findings that are sound, captivating, and informative
- Be a tireless advocate for exceptional user experience and excited about evolving this role to continually deliver value for your teammates
- This role will report to Director, Product
- You will work closely with Product and Development teams
- You will be part of 3 Product Managers on the Product team
Experience & Qualifications:
- You will soon graduate college, have recently graduated, have a few years of work experience, or are looking to pivot into the world of software product design.
- You can have proven expertise in quantitative research and data analysis, whether learned through formal education (bachelor's degree, coding school) or on the job.
- You can wield pretty decent SQL skills -- at least enough to independently navigate our Postgres databases without requiring much engineering support.
- You possess a research toolkit, possibly including statistical tests, usability tests, questionnaires, interviewing, computational analysis, and more.
- You have a track record of interpreting data to discover patterns and identify trends, and then creating insights that are timely, relevant, actionable, and impactful.
- You’re an articulate communicator and collaborator. You pride yourself on your clear verbal and written communication, and your ability to share data in a clear and compelling way to diverse audiences including executives.
- You have a history of being detail-oriented and a self-starter who can manage project timing, quality, and objectives effectively.
- You have experience practicing Lean, Design Thinking, and/or other Agile methodologies applied to product development
- You see yourself doing product management or UX design in the next few years, but you’re not ready to leave behind the sexy world of data-diving quite yet.
- You have a Bachelor's degree or other formal training in a technical or research-intensive field such as human-computer interaction, human factors, statistics, data science, or computer science.
- You are familiar with Real Estate and/or Mortgage Lending and the different stakeholders involved with homeownership
We believe in a collaborative, fun work environment. And when we say we have an awesome culture, we mean it. The team members who work here are not only passionate about the product but passionate about how they interact with their teammates. We push ourselves every day to be better and challenge each other to continuously grow. We are respectful and professional when we need to be, and goofy and fun when it’s time to celebrate a win. We realize we might be a little biased so we encourage you to check out our Glassdoor reviews.
We appreciate and value what our team members do every day, so we offer some amazing benefits to reward them:
- Everyone gets ownership in the company
- Health benefits - we pay 99% of the Homebotter’s cost
- Great vacation policy - we believe in taking care of yourself & reward team members as they reach milestone years of service
- Paid Parental Leave
- EcoPass for light rail and bus system
- Brand new office location in downtown Denver (top floor overlooking Union Station!)
- Events like: Tasty Tuesdays, Wellness Wednesdays and Thankful Thursdays
- Onsite Massages 2x/month
- Experienced leadership team with success in multiple exits
- Nitro cold brew, french press, smoothie bullet and snacks
- Rotating beer tap + stocked beer/wine fridge
- Monthly lunch paid for by the company
- Fun quarterly events like Rockies games, holiday parties, etc.
- Awesome culture! Awesome coworkers! (seriously, have you seen Glassdoor?)
- We give back to the community (Volunteer Days, Food Drives, Giving Tree)
- Open environment with sit/stand desks
- Professional development opportunities/trainings
- Opportunities for growth
More about Homebot
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes homeowners to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Homebot is a client-for-life portal that maximizes repeat and referral business for lenders by empowering consumers to build wealth through homeownership. The award-winning client portal delivers personalized, actionable intelligence throughout the entire homeownership lifecycle to every client and prospect. With an average 50% monthly engagement rate, Homebot ensures lenders and agents remain the trusted advisors that consumers rely on to make informed decisions about the largest asset they may ever own: their home.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Having launched in 2016, we're nearly 50 team members strong and expect to continue that growth in 2020. We moved into some pretty sweet new digs in July 2019, and would love to have you come join us for some good times!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai