IWMS Supervisor-Database Administrator Senior at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Database Administrator Senior - IWMS Supervisor
Go Beyond® with Ball Aerospace Facilities & Support Services team! The Facilities team is comprised of over 70 dedicated Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace’s two million SF of real estate over 39 properties in Colorado. This established team of Facilities professionals is committed to service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining Facilities that enable world class engineers and technicians to create a better, safer and more informed and productive world.
Ball’s Planning & Interior team designs office space in new and existing buildings, and supports growth across Ball campuses in Westminster, Lafayette, Broomfield and Boulder. The team works to implement and enhance building amenities and services and create Facilities that foster Ball culture across our campuses.
The IWMS Supervisor will manage space and occupancy data and analyze and develop space and occupancy reporting and dashboards within our CAFM software, ARCHIBUS. The IWMS Supervisor creates and validates occupancy metrics, including vacancy, density, utilization and cost metrics. In this role, you will partner closely with the Planning & Interiors Group Planners and will process floor plan and building updates related to people, furniture and architectural changes. The role will be expected to bring innovation and best practices to the Planning & Interiors team to help drive improvements and gain efficiencies.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain, upgrade, define, customize, and improve ARCHIBUS IWMS, troubleshooting data issues in the ARCHIBUS application and related databases
- Supervise the IWMS team; develop and mentor team members and oversee team day- to- day activities and strategic initiatives.
- Prepare, generate, and publish standard reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis, including building, room and employee vacancy, utilization, density reports and billing information by organization.
- Validate data to determine readiness for reporting and benchmarking.
- Complete ad-hoc requests for CAFM database queries on space and occupancy data as requested.
- Ensure floor seating plans and block plans are kept up to date, store and update CAD files for all Ball facilities. Add or remove buildings, floors, space and/or employee and organization data to reflect day- to- day employee churn and Move/Add/Change (MAC) requests, construction completion and/or strategic space planning initiatives.
- Maintain web-based furniture standards; prepare CAD drawings for project specific tasks and share with internal/external service providers. Create 3-D renderings and design models for appropriate projects and leadership review. Work with Engineering and Maintenance partners to incorporate building changes and finishes into BIM software.
- Assist in the overall strategic space management of Ball campuses, contribute to Planning projects that will increase overall campus cohesion, and contribute to overall Earned Value Analysis (EVA) and Ball financial goals.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Architecture, Data Management, Data Analytics, or Occupancy Planning preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in data management and managing and/or implementing IWMS is preferred.
- 3 years’ experience managing staff.
- Operational fluency with ARCHIBUS Applications V23.x +.
- Operational fluency with Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 + -.
- Proficiency with RevIt and/or BIM Software (i.e. Assemble Systems).
- Demonstrated ability to create specialized CAFM code bases; ability to design logical and physical database changes and enhancements and understand how changes affect existing database structure and functionality.
- Archibus Training and/or Application Certificates strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel.
- Familiarity with IFMA and ANSI/BOMA standards, highly preferred.
- Familiarity with classified and secured work environments, highly preferred.
- Current Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance is highly preferred; ability and willingness to obtain security clearance within 12 months of hire date is required.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.