| Greater Boulder Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:27 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, April 1, 2021
IVD Senior Research Associate
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
The IVD Sr. RA will plan, contribute to experimental design, execute experiments, and analyze data for these responsibilities with only high-level guidance and deliver reports according to deadlines. They will lead the production of high-level data summaries upon project completion that effectively and concisely communicate relevant findings for the study. They will also assist with other IVD Assay Development activities as needed included but not limited to formulation optimization, QC, QA report filing, and equipment maintenance. Will keep detailed experimental records and communicate data to supervisors and peers in a thorough and honest manner.
· Plan, execute, and analyze experiments
· Interpret scientific results and provide recommendations for moving forward
· Consolidate and communicate results to scientists, project leaders, or customers
· Maintain detailed and up-to-date lab notebooks, sample inventories, etc.
· Communicate feasibility of deadlines set for CDx projects
· Meet deadlines and drive projects forward
· Idea generation to improve existing technology and drive future technology
· Additional duties as assigned
· Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
· Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
· BS/MS/PhD in biochemistry or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
· 5-7 years of laboratory experience
· 3+ years in an industry setting (preferred)
· Proficient familiarity with common molecular biology technique
· Drive and determination
· Demonstrated scientific problem solving skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
· Ability to participate with others as a member of the team; ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively; enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Detail oriented
· Self directed: needs little explicit direction and no hand holding
· Able to organize, prioritize, and communicate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
Read Full Job Description