IT Manager, Analytics
Paladina Health is seeking an experienced IT Manager of Analytics. This is a senior technical leadership position responsible for Paladina Health’s Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence practice. The role requires one to possess vision and strategy as it relates to expanding our data driven culture, the ability to be hands-on in guiding the team on technical design and operational processes and have Dev/Ops mindset to ensure the availability, integrity and data quality of our complex data ecosystem. As the Manager, you will be leading your teams in a highly complex technology environment comprised of a multi-system, large scale database spanning Medical Claims, Prescription Claims, Membership, EMR, and other business domains along with a variety of best-in-class Healthcare Analytics tools.
The successful candidate will have a passion for databases, analytics and business intelligence. This position will be responsible for the development of our roadmap (new initiatives and features), delivery against said roadmap, managing resources, mentoring, coaching and growing staff, and contribute to the overall technology strategy for the enterprise. This position will report to Chief Information Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Develop and deliver Data management and Analytics strategy that align with the overall business strategy and cater to business requirements.
- Client Management:
- Present Paladina Health’s data strategy and data exchange requirements to new clients and partners
- Plan and participate in the new client implementation process
- Data Management:
- Devise a long strategy to aggregate medical claims, prescription claims, eligibility, EMR, Salesforce, and other data sets in an aggregate and normalized data warehouse environment.
- Create strategy and team to deliver the ongoing requests to create new reports and dashboards
- Create, deliver and monitor the key KPI metrics that the organization needs to function.
- Manage the inventory of reports and dashboards
- Project Management:
- Manage at the enterprise level the portfolio of Data warehouse and Analytics projects and related efforts.
- Relationship Management:
- Develop strong relationships with peers in IT and Operations to ensure services and solutions meet their needs and establish measures, processes, service levels, and reporting procedures to ensure repeatable operations.
- People Management:
- Lead and manage a team of engineers, and analysts specialized in databases, and reports development services.
- Vendor Management
- Collaborate, and manage technology and software vendors
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree with 5 or more years of related work experience
- Experience managing Data warehouse and BI teams
- Advanced programming skills in Microsoft SQL server tools (SSIS and SQL) and Tableau. Knowledge of SAS and Spotfire is helpful.
- Healthcare data warehouse architectural skills are a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the U.S. health care system including expertise in health insurance, and primary care
- Knowledge of standard medical claims, prescription claims, Eligibility, and EMR data sets
- Customer service oriented.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills to support and motivate team in a fast-paced environment.
- Solution-oriented, self-starter with solid ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks on time in a fast changing environment; comfort with ambiguity
- High level of attention to detail and willingness to learn