Investment Performance Associate
We are seeking a new member of our growing team. Specifically, we would like someone who is very detail oriented, analytical, and is interested in a career servicing the investment management industry. This position is focused on investment performance measurement, reporting and analysis.
· Assist in gathering investment data and calculating investment performance.
· Build and review Excel models used to calculate investment performance (the ability to build statistical models in R would be a huge plus and knowledge of other programming languages would also be beneficial).
· Write detailed reports describing the Excel models we create that can be used by programmers to develop software.
· Update records in a variety of portfolio accounting software systems.
· Support and develop internal policies to prepare for growth.
Qualified candidates must have:
· Bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting/CIS/Statistics/Mathematics or other technical area. Will consider any major as long as the person is very analytical and enjoys working with data.
· Experience using Microsoft Office products with above-average Excel skills
· Interest in the investment management industry and working in an startup environment
· An understanding of basic analytical concepts and a willingness to learn the GIPS standards and best practices for investment performance measurement.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Effective time management skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced professional services firm