Inventory Planner, Denver
Inventory Planner - Brilliant Earth, Denver
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Cherry Creek encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
The Inventory Planner will be a member of Brilliant Earth’s Merchandising team and be accountable for developing inventory forecasts, managing inventory levels on key categories, and working collaboratively with our merchandising and inventory teams to optimize our in- stock levels and to improve the efficiency of our inventory planning and allocation systems.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to drive meaningful business impact through robust analyses and data-driven decision making, strong cross-team collaboration, and consistent process improvements. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals. This position is located in our Denver office location. We are not accepting remote applicants at this time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and apply demand planning models to determine company-wide inventory levels and inventory targets
- Working in collaboration with our operations team, manage inventory levels at Brilliant Earth, at select vendors and within showrooms, including variety and quantity of supply, for various product categories. Ensure optimal in-stock levels, taking into account seasonality, new product introductions, lead times required for sourcing and other key variables.
- Manage Open-to-Buy analyses, working collaboratively with the merchandising team and buyers to provide clear buying guidance for multiple categories
- Develop Excel analyses to evaluate business metrics, such as out of stock levels, lead time accuracy, promotion ROI, inventory turns.
- Develop forecasting lookback analyses to determine wins and misses from various forecasting exercises. Conduct actual vs. forecast reporting.
- Develop forecasts and performance reporting for promotions
- Review overstock and slow-moving inventory and work collaboratively with merchandising and buying teams to identify ways to improve sell-through
- Identify and develop process improvements to drive continual improvement in forecast accuracy, efficiency of reporting and strong decision-making. Build new tools where necessary to provide stronger analytics and approaches to inventory management.
- BA degree or equivalent
- 3-5+ years prior experience
- Quantitative analysis / inventory planning background, preferably in a retail, product or e-commerce company
- Advanced Excel experience, including pivot tables, advanced formula functions and construction of sophisticated financial or planning analyses
- Ability to distill and concisely communicate key business insights from complex analyses
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with ERP systems
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Brilliant Earth is committed to the principles of Equal Employment. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws.