Internal Controls Analyst at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Ball’s Internal Control’s team is responsible for supporting the global business in the administration and execution of the internal controls compliance program. This includes supporting management in the annual assessment of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404 compliance program in accordance with department, regulatory, and professional standards; including financial and Information Technology (IT) related controls.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Maintains working knowledge of SOX Section 404 regulations and guidance.
- Assists with SOX scoping activities (e.g. identifies risks and assertions/control objectives to appropriately update controls and scope-in business processes and locations).
- Facilitates the quarterly control confirmation process. Including following up with control owners on rejected control confirmations to appropriately update controls.
- Helps validate that control procedures adequately reflect processes (both financial and IT).
- Coordinates and maintains process and control documentation.
- Owns control procedures (e.g. annual review of access to systems/applications, monitoring of segregation of duties (SOD) and sensitive access in Ball’s ERP systems).
- Collaborates with auditors to ensure SOX compliance is completed according to the Ball’s SOX program standards.
- Understands the COSO framework and assists in performing the annual COSO assessment.
- Supports execution of SSAE 18 SOC 1 Type 2 evaluations and exception analysis.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with various levels, both internally and externally. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Manages the controls repository. This includes ensuring Ball’s controls environment is kept updated, changes are appropriately reflected, and the process documentation and other resources are up-to-date.
- Conducts special projects as assigned by Management and the Controllers Department.
- This role works alongside Internal Audit, but does not execute controls testing for SOX requirements.
- This role is a flexible schedule with 2-3 days inside the office.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education (concentrated in accounting or finance preferred) or work-related experience in auditing, accounting or related field.
- Job related experience for 1 year minimum.
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other relevant professional qualification is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Internal controls over financial reporting
- Generally accepted accounting principles and financial statement assertions
- Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 requirements
- Technical skills with SOX and/or auditing software.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing data, evaluating information and systems and drawing logical conclusions.
- Good planning, project management, and organization skills with an ability to handle multiple accountabilities.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard accounting and auditing techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with all levels of personnel.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 60,000 - 90,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 9
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans