Information Security Analyst at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The focus of theInformation Security Analyst is to distinguish, interrupt and suppress threat actors on enterprise networks. To execute this mission, the Threat Analyst will use data analysis, threat intelligence, and cutting-edge security technologies. Working within the Security Analysis and Operations Team at Dish Network, the Cyber Security Threat Analyst is responsible for detecting and assessing cyber security events and incidents across the enterprise environment. Threat Analysts will also participate in developing processes, procedures, training, etc. for new technologies. The candidate must have a curious investigative mind, an interest in information security, and the ability to communicate complex ideas to varied audiences.
- Examine alerts from various security monitoring tools, perform triage & determine scope of threats; escalate as necessary.
- Develop and analyze dashboards and reports to identify potential threats, suspicious/anomalous activity, malware, etc
- Coordinate with End user computing groups that are exhibiting unusual behavior (i.e. excessive firewall denials, Okta logins from unusual geo-locations) to have them assist in troubleshooting/remedying the issues.
- Assist with ServiceNow tickets relating to whitelisting & user internet access by researching the domains being requested for security/reputation, liaising with users for additional details, and passing the tickets along for implementation in the proxies; will soon be getting additional training from IT Security staff to do the implementations myself.
- Manage various Proof-of-Concept implementations for threat hunting platforms/tools to evaluate if they would be beneficial for the organization by providing additional visibility into the enterprise environment and increasing incident response time.
- Provide Tier 2 & Tier 3 support as needed
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High energy, creative problem solver
- Be a self-starter, ability to work independently with little direction and/or supervision
- Excellent coordination skills, with the ability to work within deadlines, juggle multiple priorities, create plans, and provide updates on key initiatives
- Natural organizational skills to manage complex assignments
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of our department
- Superior communication skills with the ability to ask questions, escalate roadblocks early, and interact effectively at multiple levels in the organization
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of IT Staff located in multiple sites, including effectiveness working with global teams
- Excellent presentation creation and proofreading skills
- Basic understanding of information security concepts and controls is a plus
Education & Work Experience Required
- 3+ years' experience in Information Security
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with SIEM
- Experience with cyber threat intelligence
- Experience with EDR
- Prior experience working with in the following areas:
- Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT)
- Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC)
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
- The following certifications are strongly desired:
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- SANS Institute/GIAC
Compensation: $65,800.00/Year - $94,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.