Implementation - Conversion Analyst I at FIS
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We're the development engine of FIS: the largest,Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers- banks and retailers- so you might not have heard of us. But, if you've used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you're most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go 'round.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index. Named a 2016 "World's Most Admired Company" by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The role of the Payments Migration Team is oversight and support for clients migrating to the Payments One debit platform. This team will collaborate with other migration teams supporting debit and credit platforms to ensure a successful client experience for all clients. To provide an overall analyst role for the EFT transaction switch migration. The analyst will be responsible for the relationship from project initiation to the support transition.During the implementation process, the analyst is responsible for tracking tasks related to the project, requesting application changes, as well as client support throughout the upgrade process.
The Implementation-Conversion Analyst I will partner on tasks to drive the interlock of Deployment and Product.This resource will:
- Scope and design the Mass Enablement or General Release project
- Document the project along with risks & assumptions
- Track product issues and resolutions during the ME campaign or product roll out.
- Create the artifacts needed for customer and internal implementation needs.
- Examines client processes, forms and reports, determines operational needs and documents what software will do and all related processes, forms, reports, etc. to be used after conversion is complete.
- Assist with developing the flow and process for a campaign.
- Oversight that all product development activities are completed to ensure product is ready for release
- Collaborate with Implementation Analysts on project.
- Conducts train the trainer sessions to instruct and train internal customers (employees) or external customers on changes, new systems or new procedures.
- Create dashboards and contribute to all reporting needs.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of FIS' products and services• Knowledge of the business goals, objectives and business operations for the appropriate FIS organization• Knowledge of financial services industry• Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios• Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, etc.• Proficiency in industry-standard process methodologies, e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, CMM, etc.• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors• Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.