Healthcare Analytics Consultant
NextHealth Technologies is a high growth, venture-backed company located in downtown Denver, Colorado. Our advanced analytics platform enables healthcare companies to make data-driven decisions that save money and optimize outcomes. We’re a tight-knit team of doers that thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment. We nerd-out on our AI and machine learning technology platform and our approach to big data analytics.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive salary plus 10% annual bonus potential
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical benefits starting at $0 + HSA gift up to $350 every month
- $100 monthly commuter benefit
- Free onsite gym
As a member of the Analytics team, you will work at the intersection between our clients and many of our internal teams. As the domain translator, you must have both sound industry acumen as well as the technical skills and knowledge to effectively interpret client asks into meaningful programs and features for our platform. A high degree of confidence, tact and self-criticality are key personality traits we are looking for in potential hires for this position. You might have a non-traditional healthcare background, but a strong candidate will nevertheless be able to augment our team's current capabilities.
- Program Design - Work with our clients to design scientifically sound and healthcare-valid analyses that can be configured on the NextHealth platform.
- Program Analysis – Appropriately analyze platform outputs and validate with additional analyses to communicate platform conclusions to clients.
- KPI Scoping and Development - Develop specifications and proofs-of-concept data queries for measurements that align with industry standards (HEDIS/MACRA) and client program asks.
- Client/Prospect Assistance - Assist Sales and Services teams to present and explain complex technical concepts to clients and translate key healthcare concepts to our technical teams.
- Requirements Design - Synthesize and communicate client/prospect feedback into appropriate product feature and functionality enhancements that align with the strategic roadmap.
- Ad-Hoc Analyses – Dive into client data sets to support program design and validate analytic results.
- Self-Direction – Perform consultation with awareness that data schemas differ wildly from client to client.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical, Analytical or Operational discipline
- Healthcare Industry experience and strong knowledge of key analytic metrics (HEDIS, Episodes)
- 2-5 years of experience in Healthcare Analytics or Technical Project Management with claims data and knowledge of healthcare issues
- Significant experience working with external client(s)
- Fluency with SQL and ability to demonstrate more advanced data mining techniques through technical or domain experience
- Ability to read analytic results and assess study designs for likelihood of attaining meaningful outcomes
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities. Ability to think on your feet is a must
- Enjoy working with clients and prospects with a proven track record of ensuring client success
- Experience presenting technical, detailed or domain-specific concepts at the appropriate level of abstraction to senior leadership or sales prospects
- Willing to travel to client sites (up to 30%)
- Master of Public Health or PhD in Healthcare Informatics strongly preferred
- Strong preference for HIE/RHIO experience generally and APCD/CCLF experience specifically
- 42.CFR familiarity
- Software/analytic product company experience
- Experience assessing or delivering Clinical/Administrative Care Management initiatives
- Experience with the following technical areas are desirable: product architecture (enterprise architecture, Azure Cloud, agile development, Jira, Python data science stack, Spark