Head of Pricing Strategy at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Reporting to the VP of Revenue Operations and working cross functionally with Finance, Marketing, Product, Sales, and Customer Success, the Director of Pricing Strategy will be responsible for categorizing, analyzing, and developing a coherent and best-in-class pricing strategy to fuel Checkr’s continued Growth. This exciting opportunity will require deep experience in pricing strategy ranging from Fortune 1000 companies to small and medium sized businesses.
- Comprehend and influence Checkr’s long term strategic goals and ensure that pricing, packaging, and positioning is strongly aligned.
- Work with cross functional departments and product owners, as appropriate, to develop proposals for standard and discount pricing matrices, including the billing model. Ensure that billing rates are set to maximize profitability with appropriate consideration of practice mix and market realities as well as compensation and other costs.
- Build business cases for new monetization and packaging strategies and lead cross-functional effort to drive the initiatives to completion.
- Develop and implement robust tools to compare planned to actual profitability of alternative pricing arrangements, and to capture and apply lessons learned to enhance future pricing strategies and profitability.
- Build strong understanding of our products’ value proposition relative to competition and develop pricing and packaging for the entire portfolio using value-based approach
- Define pricing KPIs and measure the effectiveness of pricing changes to enable continuous improvement
- Engage and support sales, customer success, product, and finance teams on pricing tests.
What you bring:
- Minimum of 7 years experience in quantitative or finance-related disciplines, including analytics, or operations.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills that enable effective engagement and collaboration with Checkr’s senior leadership across a variety of departments.
- Experience with financial modeling
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness
- Experience with consumption or per transaction pricing models is strongly preferred
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.