Head of Data Science and Analytics at NextHealth Technologies (Greater Denver Area, CO)
NextHealth Technologies is a high growth, venture-backed company located in downtown Denver, Colorado. Our advanced analytics platform enables healthcare companies to make data-driven decisions that save money and optimize outcomes. We’re a tight-knit team of doers that thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment. We nerd-out on our AI and machine learning technology platform and our approach to big data analytics.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive salary plus 10% annual bonus potential
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical benefits starting at $0 + HSA gift up to $350 every month
- $100 monthly commuter benefit and/or internet stipend
- Free onsite gym
NextHealth Technologies is currently looking for a Head of Data Science & Analytics to join the company’s product team. This team is tasked with leading data science driven innovation to build scalable solutions that help improve member engagement on campaigns and optimize healthcare outcomes. The position provides the opportunity to lead a team engaged in cutting- edge research, work cross-functionally and contribute to developing products that can influence consumer behavior and impact healthcare affordability.
This position will have a significant impact on the future of the company to provide our internal and external customers with valuable and actionable insights. In this role you’ll leverage AI, machine learning, experimentation and behavioral science techniques to build innovative solutions that will transform the healthcare payer industry.
We seek a player/coach who can:
- Manage the Analytics team, team operations, and senior leadership team initiatives.
- Apply data science & analytics to real business problems, work closely with product/engineering teams to analyze product experiments and understand primary drivers of outcomes
- Perform exploratory data analysis and statistical analysis and present results to internal stakeholders
- Lead development of custom predictive and prescriptive algorithms interfacing with large data sets, based on principles from statistics, machine learning, and operations research.
- Perform research as needed to extract cutting edge concepts from technical literature and apply them to relevant product features.
- Identify and promote the use of new technologies, toolkits, and frameworks, areas of inquiry, ways of working, methods and approaches in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Software and Research Engineering.
- Work with clients and internal stakeholders to define requirements for new system capabilities.
- Work closely with scientists, engineers, and partners, to help evolve proof of concept systems into production at scale.
- Provide strategic thought leadership to current and prospective clients in partnership with Sales team.
- 5+ years in direct leadership and practical application of data science, big data techniques, machine learning, optimization, and statistics to real-world problems.
- Proven track record of commercializing innovation and resulting revenue growth.10+ years experience beyond academia, which includes both hands-on work and technical leadership.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Ability to develop proof-of-concept algorithms in Python 3.x using Python libraries like pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, and pyspark.
- Detailed knowledge of computer science and software engineering, including data structures, data modeling, distributed systems, and software design methods.
- A proven track record of innovation in deploying models to predict which consumers and interventions can be highly impactful, segmentation/clustering models and automated campaign optimizations.
- Success usage and experience with new sources of consumer experience and behavior data
- Healthcare industry experience preferable in the payer and/or provider space
- Spark experience desirable.
- A PhD in Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Applied Statistics or a related quantitative field.
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary range is $150,000-$200,000
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee equity plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives with annual potential up to 15%