Head of Commercial Operations, Planning, and Business Analysis
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people, and is doing so by making genetic testing affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae is seeking a senior commercial operations leader who can help transform the way we work so we can then achieve our goal of transforming healthcare. We are looking for an experienced, internally motivated, detail-oriented, team player with elite communication and collaboration skills. This role will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Commercial Operations Support - Support sales, marketing, and other commercial teams in client targeting strategy, data reporting, data analytics, incentive compensation tooling and reporting, and CRM/platform support and/or self-service tools.
- Business Process Analysis (for CRM Platform Management) - Work with stakeholders across the commercial organization (sales, sales training, marketing, customer support, etc) to understand business processes and needs. Leverage that understanding to provide business requirements and priorities to our CRM platform development team (currently Salesforce.com) and/or work with commercial teams to design and/or implement process changes or tooling to support our strategic objectives.
- Commercial Forecasting, Planning, and Analysis - Work with the commercial teams (sales, partnerships, etc) to build business processes (account targeting and pipeline management, etc) that both drive growth and facilitate accurate sales forecasts. Build and maintain strategic analyses of commercial activity (e.g. Commercial P&L, Budget, and ROI by channel, product, campaign, etc).
- Incentive Compensation Design, Execution, and Management - Work with key stakeholders (commercial, talent operations, and financial leadership) to design incentive programs that align commercial team incentives with corporate goals, then implement such plans operationally.
- [Something We Missed That You Will Bring to The Table] - As a rapidly growing post-startup company, we recognize that our intended growth may require processes or capabilities that we aren’t even aware of yet. You will have latitude to bring your expertise to bear on identifying and solving problems known and unknown.
EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 10+ years in commercial operations or similar, including
- Leadership in CRM management or business process design and analysis
- Leadership in sales forecasting, pipeline management design / implementation
- Incentive compensation management
- Major Design/Transformations of commercial operations and CRM processes
- Experience leading in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and leading through ambiguity to find actionable business solutions.
- Experience in cross functional leadership: Supporting multiple stakeholder groups and prioritizing competing needs to enable effective and strategic collaboration between technical and non-technical teams.
- Be collaborative, humble, team-first, detail-oriented, proactive, and flexible; know what you do and don’t know, and be constantly improving. Be experienced in (and prefer!) influencing through data and the strength of your argument rather than relying on politics or appeals to authority.
- Leading sales/commercial ops for >200 sales reps, >200 service reps, >$1Bn revenue
- 5+ years experience with the Salesforce.com CRM platform specifically
- Experience with Business Intelligence enterprise tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Experience with agile development processes
Nice To Have
- Experience with Lean process improvement
- Experience with OKR-based operations management (Objectives and Key Results)
- Experience with marketing data management / campaign management
Experience in life sciences can be helpful but is not required, as an outside perspective may provide as much or more value as experience does. We will consider all backgrounds
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
While the ideal candidate can cover all defined responsibilities, the Head of Commercial Operations, Planning, and Business Analysis will be able to lean on other teams (e.g. talent operations, finance) for the following items if needed, making applicant excellence for these items secondary to excellence in the items above.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.