Head of Business Intelligence at SumUp
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand. We are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To help us get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Joining our US team will be exciting for you, if you like to help merchants focus on what they do best. You will lay the foundation of the US BI Team. You will strengthen the SumUp core business by improving marketing campaigns, operations and our product. You will be responsible for KPI setting, monitoring and join different cross functional teams to launch experiments in order to improve our performance and make the business even more scalable.
In this position:
- You’ll challenge and improve the overall KPIs and metrics that help us control the activities for the whole market as well as specifically for each department
- You’ll identify potential to improve our solutions, be part of experiments to learn what works and deliver small increments of value to our merchants
- You’ll provide insights in a consumer friendly way and establish a data culture in your team that is about self-service analytics, measuring what matters and acting upon facts
- One of your first focuses will be to implement measures for the Risk & Antifraud, marketing and support teams
- Formulate requirements for OLAP data design and data migration
- You have an analytical mindset
- You have previously proven that you can structure your work on your own as well as to come up with your own hypotheses
- You have 3+ years of work experience in BI or product. Experience in the payments industry, B2B or self-service web area is a plus
- You’re curious and adaptable and like to think holistically as well as going into detail.
- You have strong SQL skills and experience in data visualization tools like Tableau, QlikView.
- Having ETL experience via tools or python scripts is a plus.
- Having worked with A/B testing and event tracking platforms before is a plus.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.