Hadoop Database Manager at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This team supports the RAS reporting application that is part of our over all Banking Core Outsourcing division. The RAS application runs on the Hadoop platform. We produce critical reports and extracts for the Banks we host as well as on demand reports via our UI.
What you will be doing
This manager role will have to manage several resources both in the US and in India to deliver services to the banks we host. This is a very fast paced environment and fast-growing number of new banks coming onto the platform.
- Develops and implements business plans, policies and procedures while collaborating with other departments to prioritize database development needs.
- Evaluates results within business unit to determine if organizational objectives are being met.
- Analyzes and resolves database development issues and needs as related to design, coding and modification of databases and database applications.
- Responsible for all activities related to the design, development and administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function as well as business function managers.
- Prepares activity and progress reports regarding the database management section.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience working with database utilities on Unix servers, Linux/RedHat is highly preferred
- Experience working with multiple scripting languages including Bash, Korn and Python
- 2+ years of experience working in a managerial capacity
- Knowledge of managing a Hadoop Cluster
- Proven experience working on process improvement initiatives
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency to create and administer database technical environments
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Proven project management skills
- Demonstrated customer-focused leadership ability
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of CapeRAS Application
- Experience working with and/or managing an offshore team
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.