Growth and Strategy Associate
Guild is one of Denver’s fastest growing startups – increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our education benefits platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees, and our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions helps provide every Guild student with the right academic pathway to advance their education and career. In order to achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students and accelerate our growth, we recently raised a $21M Series B round with top tier investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Social Capital, Harrison Metal, and Cowboy Ventures. Now, we’re looking to build out our Business Operations team and are recruiting Growth and Strategy Associates to support key functions in the business, including Marketing, Partnerships, and Student Operations.
As a Growth and Strategy Associate on the Business Operations team, you’ll sit at the intersection of data, business operations, and internal strategy, helping to inform Guild’s most interesting business and growth opportunities. You will serve as a business partner and data expert to a key operating team, overseeing day-to-day data analytics and helping to set and achieve quarterly OKRs while driving cross-functional strategy projects. This role will have a critical impact on the business and our students by providing visibility and opportunities for improvements across all aspects of our operations.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Serving as the primary business partner to a key operating team (think Marketing, Sales Ops, Partnerships, Student Ops)
- Building and maintaining business-critical reports to create day to day visibility into team performance vs. goals; conducting regular business retros and synthesizing findings for internal and external audiences
- Scoping, planning and analyzing client, business, and student outcomes data that yield critical answers to key questions for driving growth, For example:
- Student level insights to inform program and product features; market positioning; marketing investments
- Soup to nuts analysis of the student funnel: from marketing to prospects, to lead generation, to enrollment.
- Develop / test hypotheses on drivers of student success to inform predictive models
- Client-or partner-level quarterly strategy reviews tailored to client specific financial, ROI and program goals
- Serving as a cross-functional business consultant to inform our most pressing strategic and operating business questions. This could include uncovering a problem, synthesizing findings and solutions, analyzing the business case and tradeoffs, and managing the implementation of recommendations
- Leading special cross-functional projects as they are identified
- Collaborating cross-functionally with teams like Product, Finance, Student Operations with other Biz Ops Analysts
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- Having the opportunity to rotate into different teams doing ‘tours of duty,’ allowing you to work with multiple teams and gain business and functional depth while making a high-impact difference quickly
- Learning the ins and outs of Guild as you use your organizational, multitasking, and problem solving skills in a fast-paced, intense and dynamic environment
- Working on critical business problems, with significant Exec team and Board-visibility
- Having the potential to shift into an operating team over time as you find your passion in the company
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Seeing excellent business partner satisfaction and being viewed as a great team player
- Enabling operational excellence and efficiency across BizOps and your business partner team
- Developing proactive proposals and insights based on your analyses
- Achieving your and your team’s established OKRs and expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission - you'll receive ongoing feedback through your 1:1 meetings and go through bi-annual Structured Growth Conversations
- Bringing enthusiasm, a ‘get it done’ attitude, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
You’ll join a team:
- Focused on our double-bottom-line mission of changing higher ed for working adults and building a successful startup in Denver
- From diverse backgrounds – from former consultants, business and startup leaders, traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- 2-4 years of experience in management consulting, finance, or related roles in a fast-paced business or start up environment
- Advanced proficiency in excel/google sheets, and Powerpoint/Google slides; experience with Salesforce, SQL, BI tools a plus
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills - you can build analytical and decision support models, synthesize recommendations, and create effective presentations for all audiences - from our students to investors
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!