GIS Analyst Specialist at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The GIS Analyst Specialist will report to the Fiber Planning, Architecture & Technology organization under a specific team within the Network Data Integrity department. The GIS Analyst will work alongside various Engineering, Data Integrity, Fiber Design/Planning and OSP teams, focused on improving data quality and producing both internal and customer deliverables. The analyst must have proven success working in a fast-paced and high volume environment, excellent organizational and communicative skills, be adaptive to new software and internal processes, have proven leadership skills, and be an innovative thinker.
- Utilize ArcGIS and GE Smallworld to generate shapefiles for various customers based on contractual agreements.
- Create internal maps for the Fiber Engineering team based on fiber assets and various data sets.
- Work with Data Integrity teams to provide quality assurance and quality control against asset attributions on provided data sets.
- Create and manage workflow documentation.
- Demonstrate knowledgebase of geospatial analysis techniques that include but not limited to projections, version control, data management, editing features, batch analysis, etc.
- Working within ESRI products and GE Smallworld applications. This also includes simultaneously working within both systems.
- Exporting, editing, and importing .xls and .kml files from multiple sources.
- Ensure data is aligned with both company standards and the Zayo GIS Security Policy.
- Assists with various efforts of data clean up within our GE Smallworld database.
- Recommend new techniques to improve and enhance data quality.
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Geography, Environmental Science, or related degree.
- 1-2 years of experience in an associated field in the area of Telecommunications, related to GIS Services.
- 1-2 years professional work experience with Esri's GIS software including ArcPro and ArcGIS.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and GE Smallworld databases is preferred.
- Solid analytical aptitude and strong problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (in particular Word, Excel, OneNote, Visio).
- Some familiarity with SQL and Python is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to strive and multifunction in both a team environment and independently is required.
- Comfortable reaching out to colleagues and various project stakeholders as needed to collaborate for specific projects.
- Effective time management and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, including effective and professional reporting to both colleagues and management.
- CO pay range: $58,100-$81,270
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.