Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The business analyst role serves to help guide GBS business in improving end-to-end business processes and systems by creating detailed business analysis, outlining problems, and identifying opportunities and solutions. The role is responsible for successful delivery of Plan to Deliver (P2D) solutions and the functional maintenance of associated systems, tools and reporting.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Participate in production support and enhancement activities and act as a liaison with business process owners to validate requirements for changes to processes and recommend supply chain best practices.
- Participate in user sessions for requirements gathering, analysis, documentation, configuration, unit testing, and UAT.
- Act as a functional subject matter expert of the P2D process; including supplier on-boarding, purchase requisitioning, sourcing, and contracts, and payables.
- Create Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) for the development of reports, forms, configurations, interfaces, and enhancements.
- Manage and coordinate changes and unit and regression testing with integration partners.
- Collaborate with other functional and technical teams on business needs, information, applications, and long term plans while helping to ensure integration with strategic plans.
- Generate test scenarios and scripts, perform unit testing, and coordinate user acceptance testing to resolve and close defects.
- Develop work instructions and job aids for end user training.
- Manage business process mapping, process re-engineering and gap analysis. Recommend opportunities for streamlining, consolidating and optimizing processes.
- Assist with solution strategies for business requirements, enhancement requests and defect fixes. Identify, develop and deliver business and technical solutions.
- Provide application expertise and support strategic initiatives aimed at enhancing productivity, and delivering process efficiencies.
- Work independently while managing multiple priorities in a global environment; interacting with and influencing business partners at all levels.
- Support the development of standardized/centralized analytical reporting.
- Support the identification, prioritization, and implementation of new platform and process capabilities.
- Support change management and training relative to new processes or platforms; coordinate user testing and acceptance.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Proven ability to facilitate knowledge transfer and translate complex technical issues into compelling business benefits
- Proficiency writing functional requirements specifications and bridging the gap between business and technical groups
- Strong skills in communication across job levels and cultures, consulting, solutioning
- Strong customer facing skills, ability to influence and motivate internal/externals teams and vendor partners.
- Strong attention to detail and high quality of work output
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills
- APICS and/or Six Sigma Certification desired. PMP certification also a plus
- Experience with Plan to Deliver system implementation preferred
- Hands on experience in configuring, testing and implementing Plan to Deliver solutions that integrate with other workstreams, like Customer 2 Cash
- SAP experience, JDE experience a plus
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management
Demonstrated Analyst Abilities Common to All:
Business Insight: Has an in depth understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
Customer Focus: Builds strong relationships to deliver customer centric solutions
Collaborates: Facilitates open dialog and works collaboratively across the organization
Cultivate Innovation: Pays attention to business needs and comes up with new ideas, improvements that bring value
Manage Complexity: Asks questions, analyzes complex problems, finds creative solutions
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $86,500-$132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans