Fraud Statistical Analyst at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Statistics
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The FIS Digital Payment Fraud Team offers its clients years of industry knowledge and expertise to detect and prevent fraud within our Digital Payments products including consumer payment products such as BillPay and Zelle as well as Business E-Banking. Our analysts use industry-leading detection tools to monitor and investigate suspicious activity with 24 x 7 coverage for almost 2,000 banks and credit unions and over 300 million transactions annually. Despite the growing threat of fraud and account take over in these products across the industry, this team has been able to maintain extremely low losses for its clients and FIS.
FIS is looking for a Data Scientist that will work on Use predictive modeling, statistics, trend analysis and other data analysis techniques to construct software systems and algorithms that explain or predict customer behavior and solve a variety of business problems.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Uses predictive modeling, statistics, trend analysis and other data analysis techniques to collect, explore and identify right data to be analyzed from internal and external sources
- Assists business analysts with finding patterns and relationships in data. Assists in writing fraud prevention rules to decision transactions on the basis of performed analysis and assists business analysts with doing the same.
- Builds predictive models using data, tests the model on results outside of the sample size and verifies model in real world. Analyzes ongoing performance of existing models and tuning as needed.
- Ensures model governance documentation is up to date.
- Determines relevant quantitative methods for solving client issues.
- Proactively and effectively interacts with other internal groups throughout FIS.
- Shares knowledge with other members of analytics team.
- Evaluates and improves internal tools and processes.
- Projects may include testing strategy development for marketing initiatives, supporting product lifecycle decisions, evaluating product utilization, supporting fraud detection, etc.
- Consultatively supports clients utilizing risk scoring models and in analytics work related to fraud prevention.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Possesses strong understanding of internal business segment (stakeholders) and may require presentation skills
- Typically requires experience in relational database structures, research methods, sampling techniques and system testing
- Proficient in working with large-scale business data sets, fluent in scripting and rapid prototyping skills including expertise in SAS, WEKA, SPSS, as well as C/C++/SQL, Perl or Java.
- Understanding and experience with model risk management governance and related requirements.
- Strong client service and communication skills required.
- Experience in fraud prevention preferred.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.