Fraud Data Analyst at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Fraud Data Analyst to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. The Fraud Data Analyst will use compelling, data driven analysis utilizing real-time transactional and behavioral data to detect and combat fraudulent activities. In an effort to limit any potential losses, as a Fraud Data Analyst, you will identify emerging fraud trends and work to find a solution on any immediate fraud risks through Ibotta's reactive fraud strategy. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a creative problem solver, and have experience leveraging big data to provide actionable recommendations.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Analyze large amounts of behavioral and transactional data to uncover fraudulent behavior & activities
- Identify areas of fraud vulnerability and proactively work on adding visibility and insights
- Identify the level of risk of potential fraud threats and efficiently coordinate efforts to mitigate it
- Work cross functionally to create and leverage tools and resources needed to mitigate the risk of emerging fraud trends.
- Build dashboards and tools necessary to support fraud detection and investigation
- Proactively communicate and escalate fraud threats to stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of practical work experience in Analytics or fraud risk management, preferably in fintech or ecommerce
- Self-motivated individual with strong sense of ownership and drive
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience partnering with a cross-functional group of engineers, operations, product, and leadership teams to achieve a common goal.
- Proficient using SQL and in proven data wrangling skills
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Mode Analytics, Tableau, etc.)
- Familiarity using scripting languages for data analysis and visualization (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Uber, we’ve delivered over $750 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $70,000 - $90,000.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.