Fraud Analyst at SumUp
Fraud Analyst (Boulder, CO)
At SumUp, small business owners are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With merchants in over 31 countries using SumUp to accept payments, we’re building the first-ever global card acceptance brand. Using a founder’s mentality and a “team-first” attitude, our teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
Your impact at SumUp
SumUp is growing fast in the US and thus SumUp’s Risk and Fraud team is looking for a Fraud Analyst to join our growing team. In this role, you will conduct transaction monitoring, data analysis and enhanced due diligence to identify and mitigate fraudulent activity at transaction and account levels. Additionally, this position will work closely with SumUp’s onboarding and compliance teams to identify and appropriately report suspicious bad actor activity.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct daily transaction monitoring and ad-hoc analysis to identify root causes of fraud
- Support daily operational functions addressing Risk and Fraud related inquiries from internal business channels including Onboarding, Compliance, Marketing and Customer Support
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities to enhance the fraud prevention strategy
- Effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced start-up environment while working under strict deliverables
- Support requests for additional information from internal and external stakeholders, including Law Enforcement
You’ll be great for this role if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in Risk, Fraud Prevention and data analysis
- Previous Payments and FinTech industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Management, Criminal Justice, Law, Business Administration or other quantitative, business or technical discipline
- Experience in working with cross-functional, international teams
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a flexible and fast paced production oriented environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal / business partnering skills
- Hands on mentality and customer centric mind-set
- Working proficiency with data analysis/mining tools including Tableau and I2 Analyst Notebook
- Sound understanding of Anti Fraud laws and regulations
Why work for SumUp?
- Be part of a welcoming community of more than 2,000 people from over 52 nationalities
- Startup environment and small, cross-functional teams
- 50% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and company-paid life insurance
- FSA & 401K Retirement Plan (up to 3.5% employer matching when you elect to contribute up to 6%)
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays immediately available upon hire
- Ongoing access to professional development tools, job training, and industry conferences
- Free on-site refreshments, snacks (fruits, cereals, nuts, etc.), and team meals
- Fun company outings, team events, birthday lunches, yoga, happy hours, hikes, etc.
SumUp encourages you to apply even if you don’t meet all requirements for the position. SumUp believes in supporting candidates and employees throughout their career journey so we encourage you to apply. SumUp is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
SumUp is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this position in Boulder, CO is $50,000 to 58,000. Compensation will be finalized by candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.