FinTech Business Analyst
Who is Markit Digital
IHS Markit is a dynamic organization, bringing some of the brightest minds from all over the world together. By continuously asking ‘what if’, we deliver impactful, real-world analytics and intelligence for industries and markets all around the world. We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, and high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world.
What you'll do at Markit Digital
As an agile technologist team member of the Data and Content team, you will support multiple web development projects. Working on a cross functional team with Design, Project Management and Engineering, you will be the subject matter expert on data sources and access. Additionally, your role will include overseeing vendor change notifications and managing projects which result from vendor driven changes.
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
- Working closely with our development and product team to define highly leveraged data products for our new Platform initiative.
- Contributing member to multiple project teams responsible for writing functional data requirements, facilitating implementation, and verifying the requirements were implemented correctly.
- Responsible for maintaining vendor relationships and verifying licenses.
- Run ad hoc SQL queries to evaluate and test data sources.
- Tier 3 support for vendor data issues reported through client and vendor channels.
- A Bachelor's degree in an analytical or quantitative field, or 2+ years of applicable experience.
- Project management experience driving project tracking and execution
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with third party data providers, understand specification documents and communicate requirements to engineering team.
- Basic SQL skills demonstrating understanding of relational databases
- Ability to use moderate/advanced Excel skills (pivot table, v look-up, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding of financial markets and market data.
- Strong ability to multitask and maintain composure while fielding multiple requests for information daily.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Eagerness to be challenged with new tasks and responsibilities.
Where we're going
We rely on a combination of ingenuity and initiative to search for deeper sources of information. The solutions and products we provide give our customers a richer view of their world and the insights they need to make smarter decisions.
We cause an effect on the industries and markets driving the worldwide economy – for leaders in business, finance and governments. As we address today’s most critical business challenges, the democratization of financial data we are making will be felt for generations to come.