Field Bioinformatic Scientist APAC at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Location: Singapore or Japan (Remote)
Languages: English, Chinese, Korean and/or Japanese
Start date: ASAP
Invitae is a rapidly growing medical genetics company whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
We are a multidisciplinary company executing a novel business model in a highly technical, highly regulated, and overly complex industry against a backdrop of rapid and disruptive technological advancement. Patients are at the center of everything we do, while we continually seek to improve and grow in efficiency and strive to produce consistent and reliable results.
At Invitae, we’re building an organization that can continuously innovate at scale. Equally importantly, we’re building a company where we love to work. As a team, we pride ourselves in having a diverse group of individuals who collaborate and work well together so that we can learn and grow from one another. We rely on each other to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual.
As you join team Invitae, you are expected to help us grow and modify our culture over time, and most importantly, to challenge us when we are not living up to it. It’s important to keep in mind that we craft and maintain our culture to serve our mission, and we will adjust our culture from time to time to optimize the pursuit of that mission.
About The Role
To pursue our shared mission and help Invitae grow, we are looking for a Field Bioinformatics Scientist APAC.
In this role, you will actively drive and manage the technology evaluation and customer requirement stage of the sales process. You will also be working in conjunction with the sales teams as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our Analytics Solution. You will be expected to master the bioinformatics-related questions to provide solutions to customers in our Archer Analysis software. Leading Archer Analysis software trainings and demonstrations to customers will also be in your scope as well as executing data reviews.
What You'll Do
- Engage in qualified opportunities as identified by our sales teams, working collaboratively throughout the sales cycle;
- Convey customer requirements to Sales;
- Spot process/product development ideas that would result in cost reduction/new product or improvements;
- Identify requirements of customers, potential and existing, to fully understand their needs;
- Visit potential and existing customers, either face to face or virtually, to support implementation as required;
- Respond to functional and technical elements during product implementation;
- Lead demo and product evaluations;
- Plan, prepare and deliver informative presentations/product demonstrations to customers, in person or through webinars;
- Partner with Sales and Technical Support teams to ensure proper handoff from completed sale to post-sales initiative to guarantee customer experience is maximized;
- Liaise with customer and internal IT to address security concerns for both potential and existing customers;
- Assist with updates of customer installations;
- Organize Analysis Unlimited document collection and deployment of Analysis Unlimited;
- Raise the level of understanding for the FAS team through training as needed;
- Keep accurate progress reports/records for customer and supported sales activities;
- Maintain a level of company knowledge, product knowledge and selling presentation skills sufficient to obtain maximum closing.
What You’ll Need
- Bioinformatics skills with NGS data;
- Bachelors’, Masters' or PhD in bioinformatics;
- Experience with genome browser software;
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role;
- Fluent in English, Chinese, Korean and/or Japanese;
- Must be located in Singapore or Japan;
- Experience presenting and interacting with diverse audiences face to face or through webinars required;
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Experience with JIRA software and in the Linux command line.
Who you are
- Detail Oriented - pays close attention to detail;
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Verbal Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and/or negative situations.
- Written communication – ability to write clear requirements including user stories and acceptance criteria, proposals and contractual documentation;
- Building partnerships – build and maintain partnerships with customers and colleagues;
- Understanding – ability to read, understand, discuss and respond to customer requirement documentation;
- Creative – thinks outside the box and is not afraid to propose new ideas and ways of doing things;
- Presentation skills – building and delivering presentations to diverse audiences;
- Prioritizing – ability to juggle workload and prioritize based on needs of the customer and team.
- Team focused – willing to roll up your sleeves and help colleagues out – even if not part of your job description;
- Bioinformatics knowledge and skill with NGS data.
Interested in this position? Please apply online by sending us your CV in English
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Invitae retains your application data for 12 months to process your job application and produce anonymised monitoring statistics. After 12 months, your data will automatically be deleted. In addition, you have the right to request your personal data be deleted, updated or removed at any time. You also have the right to have a copy of the information Invitae holds about you. You can make such requests by emailing [email protected]
Get to know us!
Do you want to know more about us and how we are changing the genetics industry?
- Visit our website Invitae.com
- Check out Invitae’s YouTube Channel
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
/!\ Staffing and Recruiting Agencies /!\
Contact from Staffing and Recruitment Agencies are not appreciated and will be automatically disregarded. Our vacancies are only intended for individuals. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency will be considered unsolicited. We do not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers.