Export Control Compliance Analyst Senior (ECCN) at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
This position is responsible for providing analytical support to FIS’ Global Corporate Compliance Group’s Export Control & Trade Compliance program.
What you will be doing:
This role will require the ability to work with product teams to gather required information in order to classify FIS products and provide ECCN numbers based on defined U.S. export regulations. In addition, this role will perform certain administrative and planning duties and lead projects as required by the Director, Export Control & Trade Sanctions and the Global Corporate Compliance team.
- Evaluates product information and classifies software products for export by providing ECCNs (Export Control Classification Numbers) based on U.S. export regulations. (Involves evaluation of software functionality and technology to determine and assign ECCN to software products.)
- Monitors compliance activities to verify that regulatory compliance deadlines and requirements are met.
- Participates in development and presentation of compliance sessions / presentations
- Participates in training promoting compliance awareness
- Identifies areas of potential improvement and efficiencies within the current program
- Prepares and distributes internal communications covering compliance matters and metrics
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What you bring:
- Associate Degree (Bachelor Degree preferred)
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least one substantive area of compliance, such as export compliance, trade sanctions, or U.S. Export Administration Regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and is detailed oriented.
- Ability to lead and multitask several projects at once and drive to completion
- Ability to understand and apply learned concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete work within tight time limitations.
- Ability to follow and conduct a compliance monitoring program.
- Ability to provide information to a variety of audiences and deal effectively with conflict or push back. Ability to deal with confidential issues that are sensitive in nature.
- Ability to share information with awareness of its effect on others.
- Knowledge of software development / release life cycle, and ability to understand product architecture and various technologies in general. (beneficial)
- Knowledge of software security standards, encryption, and information security aspects of software. (beneficial)
- Experience with developing / testing encryption related software and/or conceptual understanding of encryption and usage scenarios. (beneficial)
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.