Event and Incident Administrator
Event and Incident Administrator
Job Type: Full-TimeLocation: Denver, CODepartment: Operations
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
The Event and Incident Administrator is responsible for event analysis including investigation and auditing network trends, following the protocol for incident management, documenting all aspects of an incident and event correlation, working with all stakeholders of an incident to ensure timely response and thorough communication and documentation.
If you have excellent communication skills and are looking for a position that can open up doors for you into a technical role, this is the position for you.
The Event and Incident Administrator is responsible for leading a variety of facilitation and administrative support functions for planned maintenance (event) and unplanned maintenance (incident):
- Analyzing and reporting on events for correlation, thresholds, identifying false alarms, and evaluating alarm severity.
- Root cause analysis and isolation of common and repetitive events to identify trends.
- Reviewing past outages to determine new events and thresholds to implement into production.
- Identify alarms triggered during a maintenance window that were not properly correlated.
- Provide incident and event commanders with support as needed i.e. paging, on-call list navigation, etc.
- Lead and maintain documents and timelines of all technical elements and conversations during incidents and events to capture system changes.
- Prepare and distribute event and incident reports.
- Lead and participate in the activities associated with a variety of departmental projects including preparing reports, material, documentation, and coordinating tasks to include assisting with quarterly training objectives for the team.
- Maintain and review department policies and procedures, providing recommendations as needed.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Works with a sense of urgency responding to incidents and following processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to articulate technical issues into customer facing documentation.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required, technical certifications a plus
- Minimum 3 years of business writing experience; skilled at MS Office
- Skilled in facilitation of meetings, conference calls
- Minimum 2 years' experience working with computers or familiarity with a technical environment.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-=time position with a rotating on-call schedule as a requirement. This role will fill shifts anywhere from 5AM – 8PM and although not required to work our night shift, should have the flexibility to work diverse schedules, including weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee may occasionally life and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The mployee is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.