Entry Level Data Migration
Church Community Builder is a company with a purpose - We help churches grow disciples. We do that by creating world-class software and partnering with churches to engage people and make an impact on the world. With over 16 years in the industry, Church Community Builder is a trusted partner to over 4,000 churches and growing.
Our culture is professionally casual, where we all work hard and play hard together. You will serve alongside some of the best teammates in the industry who exhibit integrity, respect, and fun. We value our culture and our relationships and provide unique opportunities like staff retreats, company meals, and weekly Q&A session with the CEO to develop a close-knit team atmosphere. We look for people who love solving problems, love to engage in possibilities, and are hungry for results. If you have these qualities and are passionate about changing the world, we'd love to meet you!
The purpose of the Entry Level Data Migration role is to help customers extract, transform, and load historical data into their Church Community Builder database. You will get to successfully guide customers through the process of data migration, responding to customer needs during the migration process. Often, you will be coaching customers through data cleanup decisions and answering support questions about software functionality. You will even find yourself answering support questions about software functionality.
What you will do:
- Data migration project management including extracting data from customer software tools, identifying and resolving data corruption issues, transforming customer data for upload, and answering functionality and strategy questions about Church Community Builder software
- Guiding customers through a custom project plan for successful migration of their historical data into Church Community Builder
- Invoicing, verifying payment, and documenting discounts for data services before beginning work; including referring additional services in the best interest of the customer
- Providing exceptional customer service and focus by anticipating customer needs and building a partner mentality to exceed customer expectations
- Maintain communication with contacts, within reasonable response times, according to standard Customer Success guidelines
- Contributing toward achieving the defined success criteria and outcomes for general initiatives in Customer Success goals, and awareness of progress toward those goals
What you will bring:
- One year experience in data manipulation or database support preferred
- Two years’ customer service experience in data services or SaaS preferred
- Proficiency in Excel required
- MySQL/MariaDB(SequelPro, Navicat),Docker, API, AWS, mac OS preferred
- Project management experience a plus, but not required
- Prior experience with Church Community Builder software a plus, but not required
What you will get:
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Vision and Dental insurance
- 401K matching
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Company-paid staff retreats
- In-house workout facility
- Twice a month All Staff breakfasts or lunches
- James 1:27 - up to 5 consecutive paid days to serve widows, orphans or vulnerable single parent homes
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this role, the associate is regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend, and move about the facility. The facility is a normal office environment with variation of temperature and lighting.