Enterprise Architect (Data Integration & API Standardization) at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Enterprise and Solution Architecture focuses on 3 key pillars to drive positive disruption and push innovation:
- Modernize to Transform
- Drive and define technology strategy, target state IT architecture and patterns for enterprise initiatives
- Collaborate with Product, Tech Dev and align with shared services teams such as Infrastructure, Security and Data in delivering organizational goals and consistent alignment with engineering
- Identify opportunities and corresponding solutions to enhance customer/colleague experience via simplification, unifying systems, data or processes
- Rationalize to Simplify
- Proactively surface legacy technology modernization opportunities to minimize complexity, drive cost savings, lower TCO and mitigate operational risks
- Identify business and technology capability rationalization/consolidation opportunities across the enterprise and domains
- Drive new business enablement / solving operational challenges
- Govern to De-Risk & Enable the business
- Drive technology standards, common reusable components, and policies across the organization to ensure consistent use of technology and optimize costs
- Govern the introduction of new technology or vendor platforms across the organization to identify and remediate architecture risks, eliminate capability overlaps and ensure alignment with corporate direction
- Responsible for technology lifecycle management risks, certification and compliance requirements
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Data, and Infrastructure teams on defining, designing and delivering on "API-first" vision at FIS to drive world-class customer experiences and business agility.
- Serve as the senior-most advisor for API-fication of platforms and data integration patterns for low-latency requirements.
- Create the conceptual, logical and physical design for API & cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches to address challenging development and integration problems (API & Event based) in hybrid cloud environments.
- Maintain awareness of vendor/product industry developments, regulations and trends and identify potential impacts to the enterprise
- Assist in vendor product selection activities including the development of vendor/product evaluation models
- Design and oversee efforts in building effective FIS specific Proof of Concept demonstrations and socialize the results throughout the enterprise and all levels of management
- Provide technical/business consulting to internal FIS organizations and client-sponsored activities outside of FIS
- Support the modernization and transformation of our products and platforms, including rearchitecting our assets based on legacy technologies.
- Ensure that solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability upon deployment
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes and initial implementation models.
- Lead architecture governance team discussions and provide a strong voice on critical decisions.
- Utilize advanced leadership skills especially in the areas of persuasion, influence, conceptualizing solutions, and problem solving.
- Communicate complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders.
- Seasoned enterprise architect with hands-on experience in defining, socializing and executing modern data integration patterns based on events, APIs and data movement.
- Must be expert in defining API strategies and execution model for complex business domains based on Experience, Process and System APIs. Deeply experienced in hybrid cloud data integration & API deployment patterns that are proven and pragmatic from a cost and operational resiliency perspective.
- In-depth experience in developing, right-sized and granular microservices and their management via Service Mesh, API Gateway for east-west and north-south API traffic.
- Deep expertise and demonstrated experience in designing and implementing Event Driven Architecture patterns for large, complex solutions using Kafka or similar platforms.
- Hands-on experience in identifying and trouble-shooting API performance and scalability challenges and develop remediation strategies.
- Have prior experience in designing high availability and cross-geo disaster recovery options for mission-critical apps.
- Cloud Computing certifications
- Hands-on experience in building reusable components, frameworks and enterprise assets.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organizational structure
- Leading architecture reviews and technology assessments
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.