Recurly provides an enterprise-class recurring billing and subscription management platform supporting thousands of subscription-based businesses worldwide.
Recurly’s Data Platform team is responsible for building a data platform to provide critical business insights to internal and external customers. We develop reporting functionality built with complex business logic involving large data sets and provide export capabilities that allow our merchants to access their data in a secure, reliable manner. As the technical lead, you will define the technical vision and direction for a modern data platform and work closely with a team of engineers to deliver on the vision. This includes leadership on everything from process, defining requirements, architecture, development and testing.
We are looking for an energetic and dynamic engineering team lead to help define and evolve our data platform. You will help lead an existing team of experienced and ego-free software engineers to help ensure the continued success of our company and our engineering team during our rapid and international growth.
You are an experienced engineer and strong communicator who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You have substantial experience working on and building out data platforms with strong accuracy, uptime, and performance requirements.
- Developing an accurate and performant data platform using cloud technologies.
- Modeling OLTP and external SaaS data into a cohesive data set.
- Building new reporting functionality based on the warehouse.
- Providing merchants access to their data and insights in novel and interesting ways.
- Helping to define technical solutions, impacts and/or alternate approaches, and providing timeline estimates.
- Active participation in requirements and solution design sessions, working closely with stakeholders from across the entire organization.
- Working to test, QA, analyze, and address issues with data and reports.
- Positive participation in an agile software development methodology.
- Articulating technical designs and project status to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Continually refining business acumen and establish domain/industry vertical expertise.
- Constructive, supportive mentorship and coaching for junior team members, and collaborating positively and effectively with senior team members.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Professional experience building data platforms
- Deep understanding of data modeling
- Substantial experience with SQL and relational databases
- Prior successful experience leading teams of software developers and engineers.
- Proactive communicator with outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with a drive and capacity to build, launch, iterate, and learn under pressure
- Positive, solution-oriented, ego-free mindset
Recurly is an enterprise-class subscription management platform that cuts through the complexity of subscription management to optimize and automate revenue growth. Founded in 2009, Recurly uses an open platform approach to easily connect with a broad variety of back-office systems. In addition to enabling lightweight and flexible custom integrations, Recurly also has powerful out-of-the-box integrations with enterprise solutions like Salesforce, NetSuite, and Avalara to provide efficiencies through end-to-end automation of billing events throughout the customer lifecycle.
Recurly's flexible architecture, coupled with deep expertise in the payments industry is validated by the billions of dollars in transactions the company processes each year. Thousands of companies worldwide depend on Recurly to manage and optimize their rapidly-growing subscription businesses.
Offices located in San Francisco, California, Boulder, Colorado and New Orleans, LA.
Read Full Job Description