Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineering Manager I – Data Management
Oversee all resources to manage a data management engineering team responsible for developing and delivering data management services for internal engineering and business customers with a primary focus on creating processes and developing and deploying staff who assure the technical services meets all of the requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Support candidate hiring selection process, assign appropriate staff to programs/projects, conduct performance assessments and personnel actions, support salary reviews, recognition programs, and ensure group has the appropriate processes in place to meet the needs of programs/projects and compliance with approved standards.
- Manage the data management department.
- Anticipate and ensure talent and skill mix of the group are in sync with the needs of programs/projects and new business development organizations. Includes hiring, assigning, and balancing personnel for various programs/projects.
- Ensure staff is appropriately trained to meet the needs of programs/projects as well as employee career goals.
- Develop and improve data management technical processes; support Engineering and business discipline Process Groups, execute process corrective actions and process improvement activities, as required; support internal and external audits, and ensure compliance with ISO standards.
- Support program/project and initiative reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
- Communicate relevant management and company information to department.
- Create infrastructure of data management knowledge and processes for discipline-specific engineering, technical staff, and any other personnel assigned to the organization that support the BATC strategic objectives.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statues, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Conceive and develop solutions to data management strategy and technical problems.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience leading and managing data management personnel.
- Experience leading and guiding organization change.
- Experience with core data management principles such as master data management, data quality, etc.
- Experience leading a centralized data management capability.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.