HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List are the leading home services marketplace in the country. As a part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List connect millions of homeowners across the world with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates brands in eight countries and is headquartered in Denver, CO.
The Economist will use a combination of resources, including HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List internal data and industry research to provide insights and trends for the housing and home improvement markets in real time. The role will also analyze internal and external data and research to provide a larger context for business benchmarks and opportunities. And, the role will be responsible for using data, research and analysis to generate a variety of content, including internal presentations, indices and reports, and for communicating market trends with key internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, works well with senior leadership and across multiple teams, is proactive in identifying trends and research opportunities, comfortable public speaking and understands how large economic changes affect home improvement activity, both past and future.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Study the macroeconomy and housing and home improvement markets in real time to spot and communicate trends in residential home improvement activity, as well as housing trends and past and future market trends
- Analyze and understand how large economic changes affect home improvement activity
- Use internal data and data by the U.S Census and other agencies to provide business benchmarks and identify opportunities
- Develop quick and informed insight on new data releases by the U.S. Census and other agencies
- Help build strategy and co-manage deadline-driven research projects and special initiatives
- Be comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences, including internal teams, government, trade associations and press
- Generate a variety of content including reports, economic recaps, blog posts and bylined articles
- Work cross functionally with the business development, marketing, sales and public relations teams
- Be the primary research spokesperson for HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List and be deeply comfortable talking to reporters daily to engage in print, digital and broadcast interviews
- Keep abreast of the latest strategies and techniques in economic research and technology
EDUCATION AND/OR REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s degree or PhD in economics, mathematics or statistics
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience working in a research, analyst or economics role
- Strong ability to communicate effectively through written word and public speaking
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgment
- Be willing to travel
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience working in a home services or home improvement related field
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/