***We are currently hiring for a January 2022 start date. Please note that due to an influx of applications, the hiring process may be longer than usual.
Digital advertising success for retail and eCommerce businesses is dependent on strategically listing products in a way that makes them easier to buy via search engines and comparison shopping engines. The eCommerce Associate position is client facing, data-driven marketing position focused on driving increased returns on your clients’ digital ad campaigns. The role begins with in-depth training, followed by execution of Amazon, Google Shopping, and product feed work under the oversight of a seasoned eCommerce Manager. Within 1-2 months, you will begin autonomously managing your first product feeds with an increasing account load & client communication responsibility as the role progresses.
You will get in on the ground floor of one of Metric Theory’s highest opportunity units with the potential to scale quickly. You will have the opportunity to grow into a team management role and help the team expand responsibilities including Amazon, Facebook, and eBay feed management. Along the way, you will be exposed to businesses ranging from Fortune 500 companies to 10-person eCommerce companies that rely on digital marketing and product data feeds to drive revenue.
Initially, feed managers receive one month of in-depth training on the following topics:
1. Google & Bing Shopping campaigns
2. The product data feed and how it impacts Google & Bing shopping campaigns
3. How to drive improvements in the product data feed
4. Amazon Ads management
After the initial training period, you will be paired with an experienced eCommerce team member in an apprenticeship. This shadowing process will provide hands on experience with feed optimizations before taking on your own clients. Continued training is provided on an ongoing basis to continue skills refinement and growing your knowledge base.
Future growth in the role would offer routes toward team management, training ownership and new product development.
- University degree with strong academic performance (Minimum 3.2 GPA)
- Internship and/or leadership experience
- An inquisitive mind and comfort with numbers; digital marketing is a data driven world
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable work ethic and drive for success
- High Attention to Detail
Not a Must, But a Plus:
- Prior statistical, analytic or digital marketing background
- Prior experience with client services and communication
- Expertise with Excel
- Experience with data feeds
- Previous AdWords or Amazon advertising experience
- Experience working with various Shopping Cart software
- Comfort with FTPs and extracting data from various file types
- This role is exempt
- Base salary: $48,000
Metric Theory is one of the fastest growing digital marketing agencies headquartered in the Bay Area, with offices across the country. Founded in 2012 as a team of six, MT has grown into a 200+ company and a respected competitor in our industry (see awards below). In January 2021, Metric Theory merged with Media.Monks in order to expand our services offering and increase our visibility in the advertising space. We are committed to empowering employees and promoting self-awareness, teamwork, empathy, and proactiveness throughout our organization.
Most Recent Notable Awards:
• Built In Best Places to Work in San Francisco, Denver and New York in 2021
• US Search Awards Agency of the Year in 2020
• Digiday Worklife Award for "Most Dedicated to Employee Growth" in 2020
• Search Engine Land Agency of The Year in 2019
• Digiday Worklife Award in 2019
• Adweek 100: Fastest Growing Agencies in 2019
• Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019
• Inc. Best Workplaces 2017, 2018 and 2019
• Denver Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2017-2021
• #7 in Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures 2018
Why We’re Frequently Ranked a Best Place to Work:
• Tireless focus on culture, values and inclusion that unites everyone around common goals and shared principles
• Openness to new ideas that affords employees the opportunity to make a difference on day 1
• Frequent 360-degree feedback that pushes everyone to get better together
• Universal eagerness to help each other without the expectation of anything in return
• Conscious focus on learning & professional development at all levels of the organization
• Unlimited paid time off, sick days, and 14 company-wide holidays including Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, New Years Eve & Day, Juneteenth, and International Women's Day (to name a few)
• Unlimited opportunity to work from home or in a fully remote work setting, we also have offices nationwide for a full time or hybrid work model
• Fully covered medical, dental & vision coverage for you and your family; family planning assistance; 16 weeks fully paid parental leave for both parents
• 401(k) company contribution; monthly wifi stipend; work from home stipend; pet insurance; Talkspace and Headspace memberships, and more!