Director of Strategy & Analytics at Rachio
Rachio is seeking a Director of Strategy & Analytics to lead in redefining and optimizing the end-to-end consumer experience through centralized strategic insights, integrated analytics, and an innovative contact center. You will be focused on solving Rachio’s highest priority and most impactful business problems related to growing our business including: our positioning versus competition, increasing Thrive subscription sales and preventing churn, strategic consumer marketing across the funnel & properties, and new product offerings. Using an insights-driven problem solving approach and deep customer analytics, you will develop specific insights that lead to clear strategies and measurable action plans to drive the business forward. Your work will unlock rich insight and growth opportunities across our marketing, sales, contact center, and innovation teams.
In this role you will see the direct impact of your work, ensuring alignment with leadership to inform strategic decisions and increasing visibility of the impact of those decisions amongst stakeholders across the business. You will work with a range of existing data sources as well as be responsible for scoping, developing and delivering new data related projects. There will be opportunities to drive initiatives within the contact center, that you will oversee, in support of driving business growth. In addition, you will partner closely with key stakeholders across the major functions of the business, including Product, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance and Engineering to define and tackle the most important questions facing the business. This is a highly unique opportunity to take on a role with broad scope to help drive the next wave of growth at Rachio. This role will report directly to the Chief Revenue & Strategy Officer and have two direct reports as well as the third party contact center team reporting through them.
Required // (What You Will Accomplish)
- Partner with the CSO/CRO to refine aspects of the strategy with critical data and insights to ultimately drive LTV and improve LTV to CAC ratio
- Define and operationalize a centralized strategic insights & analytics approach to integrate the strategy function across the entire organization
- Work together with team members to identify analytical plans, methodology options and outputs for key initiatives
- Lead our contact center strategy, relationship with our partner (Partner Hero), and oversee operations to continue to evolve the contact center into a strategic department that can help drive LTV through a great customer experience
- Build relationships with Product, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance and Engineering teams to identify and lead initiatives that deliver insights for the business; accountable for establishing and maintaining a culture of insights-driven decision making
- Distill research data down to focus on the most important insights, linking insights together in frameworks or principles for design and articulating them in a cogent way to drive impact
- Identify, implement, refine, and scale analytics systems, methods and tools to help us scale research efforts and insights across multiple products, services and workstreams
- Lead the research synthesis process, and generate insights that can inspire and inform innovative design which could be in the form of a product, service or experience
- Be an expert on Rachio brand by providing insights on strategic landscape, consumer feedback loops, brand and user analytics, and competitive positioning
- Shape and lead strategic systems thinking based upon insights gathered through research; drive our Product Category Understanding: specifically how to win in specific lawn care categories (identify growth drivers, trends, claims, price points etc); make solid recommendations for our own new product innovation
- Develop points of view through cross-project synthesis to inspire colleagues and deepen our position as market leaders
- Develop research artifacts such as refined segments, personas, customer journey maps and finding reports;
- Scenario modeling
- Primary data (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Segmentation analysis
- Competitive benchmarking
- Attribution modeling
- Embrace a mixture of both quantitative and qualitative methods to back-up strategic recommendations with robust and reliable data
Desired // (This Should Describe You)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in areas including design research, marketing analytics, market research, consumer insights, or user experience in either a corporate or consultancy environment with a focus on B2C/D2C
- Experience in managing people and influencing decision making with senior leaders
- A superior strategist; proven ability to conceptualize problems and to abstract the dynamics of an evolving strategic business model - you love the idea of uncovering insights that unlock business growth and product offerings that appeal to an ever wider base of loyal customers
- Analytical with strong, demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking capabilities and comfortable using self-service quantitative and qualitative research tools with strong experience in innovation, claims, and marketing insights
- “Owner’s” attitude, including a willingness to tackle problems through to solutions and an ability to work both independently and across functions
- Curious, nearly to a fault; your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning and uncover true insight is fueled by asking 2nd, 3rd and 4th order questions
- Unwaveringly objective; you represent the voice of the consumer in all situations, especially when learning is counter to initial hypotheses or prior learning
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and collaboration skills at all levels of the organization
- Skilled data storyteller; you are comfortable weaving together disparate sources of information into a holistic story with strong recommendations based on market trends and consumer facts
- Thrives in working flexibly and efficiently, exercising a balance between research rigor and nimble, fast-paced, rapidly iterative product cycles
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Salary based on experience
- Stock options
Benefits and Perks
- Rachio covers 100% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for the following insurance plans
- United Health Care PPO 1000 plan
- Aetna Dental 100 Group
- Aetna EyeMed Group Insurance
- We have a variety of other plans to choose from. However, if you select a plan with a higher premium you would be responsible for covering the difference in cost.
- Due to COVID-19, Rachio is currently fully remote. We are exploring our options for in-person engagement for 2021 and are open to this being a full-time remote position with some travel.
- 401(k) plan (not matching)
- Unlimited vacation
- Relaxed dress code
Rachio is a mission-based startup striving to make sustainable water use effortless and rewarding. A category leader within the smart home industry, our revolutionary smart sprinkler controllers, wireless flow meter and best-in-class app technology make it easy for homeowners to balance personal goals with efficient, transparent water use. With a passion for innovation, we are continuously innovating to develop products that homeowners love and solve meaningful problems with technology. Together, the Rachio community has saved 40 billion gallons of water - and counting.
We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.