Director of Decision and Data Science
Guild is hiring a Director of Decision and Data Science. As the Director of Decision and Data Science you will partner with our President and Student Growth leaders to improve the efficiency and efficacy of our student funnel.
In particular, we are looking for a driven leader who can effectively partner with Guild Student Experience teams to build systems which leverage data to help our students succeed. You’ll sit at the intersection of data, product, business operations, and internal strategy, to help inform and drive Guild’s ability to enable working adults to make the most of their education benefit, apply to and enroll in school, and successfully persist through program completion / graduation.
As Director of Decision and Data Science, you will:
- Work closely with our student growth operations, product, and marketing leaders to identify insights and drive actions that enhance our student experience
- Produce insights, analyses and recommendations to improve current student funnel performance, drive student growth, and identify strategies to address operational, product, and marketing opportunities
- Build scalable analytical tools and products that enable leaders and teams within the organization to easily use data and analytics to improve business outcomes
- Serve as a leader and coach by building a world-class team of analysts, decision and data scientists who are responsive to our student needs, and are capable of pulling data, running analysis, and developing meaningful insights
- Collaborate with internal BI and ETL / Data Warehousing team to execute customer-specific initiatives and enhance the current state of student data
In this role you will report to Bijal Shah and collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Josh Scott, Danny Randa, and Shaina Jordan.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of experience in b2c analytics role, including significant experience optimizing consumer funnels
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical, data visualization, project management, logical reasoning skills
- Experience leading highly effective teams
- Self-starter with a high degree of motivation to learn and go above and beyond
- Ability to execute quickly with high attention to detail in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfort presenting to and interacting with internal senior leaders with the ability to win over strong personalities and reconcile competing points of view through data-driven storytelling
- Advanced knowledge of Looker, Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets, and SQL, as well as proficiency with Salesforce, Python, and Airflow
- Experience working with large operations teams a plus
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.