Director of Data Strategy & Licensing
As the Director of Data Strategy & Licensing, you’ll become the internal and external voice of our data licensing products by focusing on synthesizing external market research and leveraging internal analytics to develop a long-term product vision and near-term execution plan for our data licensing business. This is an excellent opportunity to develop and leverage Ibotta’s massive data footprint - You will become a “go-to” expert while working closely with internal stakeholders to lead the development & sales of new data licensing products as well as make updates/improvements to existing products.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Manage day-to-day development & monetization of all data licensing products
- Selling Ibotta’s data licensing products to any/all strategic verticals ( Retailers, Location companies, hedge funds, asset managers, etc.), driving towards a quota
- Solicit ideas and feedback from internal stakeholders and potential clients, gather requirements, define success metrics, create workflows, and coordinate cross-functionally to ensure successful product development & deployment
- Lead external partnership meetings alongside your analytics resources to quickly & efficiently build new data licensing partnerships
- Drive strategic and analytical decision making by creating business cases, conducting SWOT analyses, and zeroing in on competitive differentiators to ensure we appropriately price the products we take to market
- Maintain the product roadmap and deliver to internal and /or external client stakeholders as necessary
- Become the internal voice and representative for any/all data licensing related product initiatives
- Act as an effective liaison between engineering, analytics, marketing, and sales teams on product development, execution & deployment
- Working collaboratively with the analytics organization to forecast future revenue and define annual product goals
Here is what we are looking for:
- 5+ years of sales/product strategy experience, data products are preferred
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding annual quotas as an individual contributor or team manager
- Must have previous experience with product discovery, development, and validation
- Deep understanding and/or desire to learn about data licensing, audience targeting, media attribution, and syndicated data verticals.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills with experience delivering strategic presentations and presenting to C-level executives both internally and externally
- Ability to manipulate data, conduct analysis, and draw meaningful insights
- Occasional travel required
- BA/BS from a leading undergraduate institution in Business Management/Strategy, Economics, or Advertising is preferred
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out $380 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Unlimited PTO, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.