Director of Data Analytics at AdAction Interactive
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:14 a.m. (MST) on Friday, June 5, 2020
ABOUT ADACTION INTERACTIVE
At AdAction Interactive, you’ll be working with an innovative group of performance marketers in the ever changing AdTech industry. Our goal is to drive quality traffic at scale for our clients with a primary focus of driving real value for our end consumers. At the heart of everything that drives AdAction are the people who work here and strive to make an impact on the success of the business.
Our people love working at AdAction because they’re challenged by unique and difficult problems in a nimble startup environment that’s backed by six plus years of success in performance marketing. Our employees also enjoy perks and benefits like:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Up to 6% 401k match with no vestment period
- Generous PTO
- Flexible work schedule
- Monthly team outings and happy hours
- Easy access to downtown Denver
- Weekly catered lunch
AdAction Interactive is seeking a practiced Director of Data Analytics to drive the strategic and tactical decisions for the Data Analytics department. The Director will be an experienced modeler and analyst with strong business sense and strong communication skills to help solve challenging problems related to digital marketing. The successful candidate will generate strategic insights to inform future investments, product capabilities and marketing strategies.
The Director will be responsible for leading a group of analysts, providing mentorship on technical and strategic skills, while ensuring that the systems, processes, and activities of the Data Analytics team enhance business decision making capabilities across the organization. The Director will facilitate organizational data strategies including topics of governance, design, implementation, performance and general usage, working closely with all parts of the business.
- Be a leader to the organization in matters of data and analytics, providing technical and practical guidance to team members and colleagues involved in all manners of data to design products, models and other solutions, which are highly valuable to the organization.
- Lead and collaborate with a team of analysts covering a variety of data roles: model building/ML, deep analytics, ad hoc reporting, production ready reporting, etc.
- Provide performance metrics, decision-support tools and strategic insights leveraging a variety of data sources.
- Lead and expand a team of data analysts to deliver insights across all platforms.
- Work in tandem with Product Team to deliver data/analytics on new product features, perform escalated product-level analysis, and help identify product improvement opportunities and measure success.
- Communicate analyses and recommendations clearly and responsively to a range of stakeholders—to inform and to enable business strategies and investments.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to evaluate new business opportunities and monitor existing ones.
- Grow subject matter expertise in the field of digital marketing
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics, statistics, computer science, or other quantitative field, required. PhD or MS preferred.
- 5+ years experience in predictive analytics including real-world experience in model valuation, testing, and deployment.
- 1+ years of experience with mentoring and managing other data analysts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in scripting languages including both ad hoc analytics and production ready processes. Python preferred.
- Expert level SQL/PostgreSQL skills and deep familiarity with databases.
- Skill at framing business questions and problems into relevant analysis with appropriate KPIs.
- Experience in at least one data visualization service preferred (for example, R Shiny, Tableau, etc).
- Ability to perform high-level work both independently and collaboratively.
- Digital marketing analytics experience a strong plus.
- Must be intellectually curious and driven to make an impact.
Read Full Job Description