Director - Business Insights at JumpCloud (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:10 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, December 21, 2021
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
In this player-coach role, you will be equally responsible for both leading a centralized team of analysts and developing your own influential data-driven insights. You will report directly to the CFO/COO and work closely with leaders across the business to drive improvements in every aspect of this rapidly growing SaaS business. You will be expected to integrate data from diverse sources (Sales, Marketing, Support, and Product Usage), discover important stuff, build useful predictive models, and tell compelling stories with data.
What you'll be doing:
- Quickly become an expert in all phases of the customer journey and develop useful insights and predictive models to support that journey
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision making across product, growth, finance, sales, marketing, customer service and everything in between
- Lead the charge to develop and operationalize strategy based on new discoveries
- Work cross-functionally with data engineering and product managers to define data requirements to support critical business activities. Learn the needs of the business, wrangling data to discover valuable insights, and communicating those insights and potential business impacts with other teams
- Own dashboards and other self-service reporting solutions that support strategic business operations and product initiatives
- Collaborate with Revenue Operations to ensure internal processes produce the data necessary to provide Sales and Marketing with a robust view of the New Business funnel
- Regularly explore, and report on, the drivers of customer acquisition, retention, and expansion
- Drive improvement in our Product Led Growth strategy by working across the company to provide clarity into the customer journey and enable customers to ultimately self-serve
- Manage and lead a Business insights team of 4+ to partner with all functions of the business.
We're looking for...
- An insatiable curiosity and desire to learn and discover
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- 5+ years experience utilizing data, analytics and traditional statistics to solve important business problems in a subscription service
- Demonstrated ability to operationalize data discoveries with a bias towards action - having the ability to be a change agent to make consistent, positive impacts across the business
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one scripting language such as R or Python
- Broad experience generating unbiased, actionable insights leveraging any tool or skill required for the task at hand
- Experience managing a team of quantitative analysts with collective responsibility for all functional areas of a subscription business
- Solid understanding of Salesforce data architecture and best practices
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize high impact work
- Demonstrated success communicating results of complex data science projects to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with product-led-growth (PLG) is a plus
- Master or Ph.D. Degree in any quantitative field is a plus
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual compensation range for this role is in the approximate range of $180,000-$220,000, including base salary, any related bonuses or commissions and is dependent on a candidate’s skills, proficiency and competency for the role.
JumpCloud provides a comprehensive benefits package, with several medical plans to choose from including a high deductible HSA plan with employer contribution, two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), employee assistance program (EAP), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan with match. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First. If a role requires you to be in a certain location or country, that will be clearly stated in the job description. All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States.
Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote, work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description