CircleCI is looking for an analytical leader to lead our growing Business Insights team. The leader in this role will combine business strategy & data insights to enable and accelerate data-informed decision making across CircleCI.
The Director of Business Insights ensures that business problems are defined and solved in an end-to-end manner, including both cross-functional initiatives and team goals. You will need to be comfortable engaging with senior leaders and helping prioritize in a fast-paced, complex environment. A successful candidate will be a highly motivated person who can solve complex business problems, prioritize, and set up scalable analytic programs & processes. You will directly affect change through highly visible, high impact and complex analytic engagements, in addition to influencing decisions across the company through partnership and collaboration.
This new leader will integrate insights from data across Sales, Marketing, Customer, Product, and Finance, to develop sophisticated analytics capabilities that drive insights and growth. This Director will act as a management consultant and operational leader helping CircleCI to clarify fast-moving strategic priorities and tackle operational challenges. This position reports to the Head of Operations.
We are growing quickly and looking for a new leader to help us drive our strategy! Does this sound like you? Here are some more details on what we'd like to see:What you'll do:
- Recruit, build, and lead a team of data scientists, analytics engineers, and analysts with an internal customer-focused operating model
- Responsible for the end-to-end vision of the Business Insights group: leading, defining goals, tracking performance, developing teams and solutions, prioritizing projects and executing global programs that empower insights that lead to action for all departments
- Guide your organization to deliver reporting, dashboards, insights, analytics, and operational assets, using data as a competitive advantage
- Accountable for all reporting, planning, business analysis to surface insights driven by data to drive strategy and key business decisions. Develop and maintain revenue and customer related metrics, OKRs, reporting, and real-time dashboards with smart data visualization
- Customer health, risk, & retention insights - Optimize health and risk models for the customer teams to predict churn, customer growth and product usage
- Business planning and budgeting - Lead annual planning/budgeting efforts as well as mid-long range planning in partnership with Finance to drive revenue, business and headcount planning for 200+ person departments and 100% y/y revenue growth
- Create and implement standards for the effective use of data and drive culture of data-informed decision-making
- Improves processes to improve data continuity, accuracy, value
- Develops revenue and market performance assessments through quantitative analysis and qualitative feedback that will help develop predictive tools to help find opportunities for growth
- 10+ years experience leading complex data/BI analytics initiatives to support customer and revenue growth preferably in the B2B/technology space, including 5+ yrs managing teams
- 5+ years of operational responsibility in ETL, data pipeline, data engineering, or machine learning
- Deep end to end understanding of analytics from descriptive to predictive analytics including Machine Learning and deep data and statistical modeling across data ingestion, prep, development, and end user adoption
- Thrives at structured critical thinking, analytical processing, problem-solving, synthesizing ideas, written and verbal communication, including executive presentation skills
- Strong business and analytics experience building and supporting high performance data models, visualizations and real-time metrics for multiple company functions
- Track-record in developing technical skills sets and preparing technical contributors for the next level.
- Expert hands on SQL in at least one major Data Warehouse technology, preferably Snowflake
- Experience with converting data to insights and metrics from business systems like Salesforce, Marketo, Zendesk, NetSuite, Gainsight, Stripe, Segment, Amplitude
- Expert data pipeline development experience in Python or equivalent, and experience with dbt is a strong plus
- Experience with cloud-based visualization tools, preferably Looker
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience. MBA plus management consulting experience strongly preferred
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.