Director- BizOps Insights at IHS Markit Digital
The Platforms and Regulatory Compliance (PRC) business brings together solutions that help customers comply with regulatory requirements while reducing the risk, cost and complexity of running their businesses. We are comprised of MarkitSERV, Corporate Actions and Regulatory & Compliance.
As the BizOps Insights Manager you will be the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical questions related to our business performance solving for multiple strategic priorities (i.e. growth, efficiency, and execution). You will be responsible for multiple projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes.
The BizOps Insights Manager will have a perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational skill-sets. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling business case.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- Create strategic frameworks and methodologies to drive critical financial and operational decisions.
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis requiring complex data retrieval that results in compelling recommendations for our senior leadership team.
- Develop a rigorous and detailed understanding of the P&L across multiple dimensions to understand critical drivers and develop insights.
- Build financial models related to various business outcomes (i.e. forecasting, historical volume trends, etc.) and provide insights based on the data.
- Generate insights to help formulate customer strategies, looking at competitors, market trends, and other variables
- Collaborate with numerous functional teams to understand key drivers of the business, and work with them to create and maintain key metrics.
- Serve as an important cross-functional liaison between PRC Business Heads, Product, Dev/Ops, Customer Success, Sales, and Finance teams.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact.
- Great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Investment Banking, Finance, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles.
- Advanced Excel experience required. Advanced SQL and/or data visualization tools experience a plus.
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design creative and sustainable solutions.
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing process improvement projects and improving business metrics in a resource-constrained environment.
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and consider all stakeholder needs.
- Detailed oriented and task driven with a strong work ethic and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Independent, self-motivated and a team player
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and follow-up skills, ability to multi-task effectively.
- Be a curious, entrepreneurial leader with plenty of grit, analytical prowess, creative thinking, and initiative
- Demonstrate high levels of empathy and humility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Partner with internal stakeholders and leverage internal resources
- Ability to consider the challenges of other teams, and what’s best for the business holistically
- Proven track record of managing and leading large projects or teams
- Positive, can-do approach, embraces change and motivates others