Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for both property owners and guests. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 700 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role:
Our Analytics team is on a mission to make data accessible and valuable for the entire company. We’re responsible for defining strategies for storing, transforming, and analyzing data as well as fostering a data-centric culture of self-service, delivering actionable insights and models to all departments. Our cloud-based data infrastructure is built on technologies like Snowflake, Fivetran and Sisense and helps power products like our industry-leading pricing engine, using billions of data points of historical and real-time market data.
As the leader of this team and mission, you’ll have the opportunity to bring your expertise and lessons learned to grow and develop a function that is a critical element to Evolve’s success.
It’s all the fun of a startup while having the support of a larger, well-funded company. Evolve has a proven concept and an opportunity for market leadership in a massive market, the vacation rental space.
If you have lessons learned from building a BI-focused organization in a rapidly growing company and are excited by the prospect of bringing best practices to a passionate team this is a great opportunity.
What you’ll do:
The Director of Analytics leads our growing Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, and Data Science functions! As a part of the technology leadership team, you’ll work with leaders across the organization leveraging both strategic and technical skills. Further developing our use and incorporation of data insights into the foundation of our decision-making at Evolve.
- Hire, mentor and grow a team of data analysts, engineers, and scientists who are responsible for delivering high quality, actionable data models, dashboards, analysis, machine learning models, and experimentation tools
- You will serve as an SME and technical resource to the team, assisting in unblocking technical challenges and provide your expertise to chart the technical direction and selection of tools used by the team
- Develop and execute on an analytics roadmap that is aligned with company objectives and key results
- Establish best-in-class practices and technical standards for analytical processes and solution development, using Agile methodologies
- Be an analytics thought leader and a brainstorm partner for stakeholders across the organization, translating business needs and problems into data science and BI solutions
- Research new methodologies, concepts and industry trends to guide the creation and adoption of new analytical approaches and technology
- Partner with engineering and product teams to continuously seek innovative ways to improve the quality and accessibility of our source system data
- Manage large-scale, cross-functional data science and BI projects
- Ensure the team has the infrastructure and tools required to meet their objectives and lead implementation where there are gaps
What makes you a great fit:
- 5+ years of relevant data science and engineering experience, with 5+ years of management experience
- Thrive on empowering team members and view the team's success as own
- Deeply technical and you stay up to date with the latest and evolving BI/Analytics best practices and technologies
- Advanced proficiency in SQL and programming/scripting languages (e.g. Python, R)
- Advanced proficiency with data visualization tools
- Expertise in advanced analytics techniques including A/B and multivariate testing as well as supervised and unsupervised machine learning
- Deep understanding and experience deploying models to production environments
- Experience with data model design, applications, data flows, API documentation, and data governance
- You have a strategic mindset with the ability to zoom in and zoom out
- Highly skilled in communicating and presenting results to executives as well as speaking deeply about data/statistics
While we are all currently working from home until at least September, our goal is to eventually return to our beautiful Denver office and collaborate in person.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Company equity
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
For this role our salary range is $150-180k. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status