Director of Analytics at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a Director of Analytics to drive business value and growth by leveraging strategic and innovative analytical solutions in the areas of Marketing, Personalization, Product Development and Fraud Prevention. In this role, you will partner closely with cross-functional leaders to define and execute a strategy for leveraging data and analytics to power decision making and product features. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, collaborative and inspiring leader with a track record of attracting, developing and retaining world-class talent.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers.
- Lead and develop agile teams of Decision Science and Machine Learning professionals who are responsible for data analysis, experimentation, and advanced analytics solution development, deployment and sustainment
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing and Product stakeholders on large scale analytical projects that deliver actionable insights and power analytics products across the Ibotta platform. Examples:
- Marketing Optimization - Determining the best configuration for a given Marketing tactic to drive strong ROI
- Product Experimentation - Measuring the performance of new products and enhancements to current products
- Personalization - Providing relevant content in real-time to our Savers across multiple platforms (app, web, browser extension)
- Fraud Prevention - Assessing current and future fraud risks and optimizing Ibotta’s ability to identify and respond to fraud attacks
- Establish best-in-class practices and technical standards for analytical processes and solution development, deployment and sustainment
- Build a data-centric culture and be an internal champion for analytics and data literacy throughout the organization
- Research new methodologies, concepts and industry trends to guide the creation and adoption of new analytical approaches and technology
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in an analytical function with at least 5+ years of experience leading analytical teams
- Experience building analytics solutions in the areas of Marketing, Product, Recommendations/Personalization and/or Fraud Prevention
- Strong track record of developing, motivating and inspiring analytical teams
- Demonstrated analytical ability, conceptual thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to distill complex analytical solutions into actionable insights
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to collaborate across functional areas to define, prioritize and implement analytical solutions
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with modern visualization tools (Looker, Mode, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with AWS a plus
- Experience with distributed big-data tools (Spark, Hive, Presto, etc.) a plus
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.